• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Current Scrambler pics

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Hello guys,

Yes, she gone. I told the new owner about CJ-8.com. He's a great guy, I'm sure we will see him here.

My wife had open heart surgery in January. She was never a fan of the 8 ever, but since the surgery she struggles to get in and out and doesn't really like the ride because it hurts her chest. She's over the moon that it's gone; I'm feeling very mixed.

It got to where I rarely drove the 8 and when we went out in a fun car it was usually the Camaro. I hated to see the 8 just sitting in the garage: I built it to be driven and enjoyed, not to sit in a shop.

Finnily enough, my next car may be my last car. The fellow who bought my last 40 contacted me after the auction to ask whether I'd be interested in buying my old 40 back. I think I may try to as that's the car I miss most of all my old cars. I had that one for about 13 or 14 years and brought it here with me from Australia. I have a lot of memories in that car and would love to have her back: I drove my son home from the hospital in Australia in that 40. It remains to this day my son's favourite too; and since the Camaro becomes his in 2 years, I'm effectually need a replacement.

Chamba
That was a tough decision for sure. Hope your wife continues to recover. Spending quality time with her is the best plan. And doing that in a vehicle that she is comfortable in is important.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
What kind of 40?
An LX. 84.

With the Cruisers, the number is the descriptor, not the letters as with the CJ. The 40 came as a an FJ40, FJ43, FJ45. But the diesel was the BJ40, BJ42 BJ45 and BJ46. Also the HJ45 and HJ47 for the 6 cyl diesel.

Toyota came out with the FJ Cruiser and Americans rediscovered the 40 series, but those who only just discovered it began calling it the 'FJ'. Which is course begs the question of what they call the diesel: the BJ I'm guessing. They must be careful, of course, when telling their wives that they now want a BJ.....

Last edited:

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
An LX. 84.

With the Cruisers, the number is the descriptor, not the letters as with the CJ. The 40 came as a an FJ40, FJ43, FJ45. But the diesel was the BJ40, BJ42 BJ45 and BJ46. Also the HJ45 and HJ47 for the 6 cyl diesel.

Toyota came out with the FJ Cruiser and Americans rediscovered the 40 series, but those who only just discovered it began calling it the 'FJ'. Which is course begs the question of what they call the diesel: the BJ I'm guessing. They must be careful, of course, when telling their wives that they now want a BJ.....
My first thought was a '40 Chevy or Ford and and then I remember after another post that you had a Toyota.
Jeep made an FJ also.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Finally got the NOS Bestop top installed. Bought it back in 2008, "used" but never taken out of the box. Found original receipt, was $549 USD.
Only a few more things to do then she is ready for summer (and Sandblast!! :headbang::bacon::woohoo:)
IMG_1684.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
The Scrambler normally does not get to park in the garage. Now would be a great time to swap in the new springs.

IMG_8280.jpeg

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Here in the South the pollen is mostly done = time to get Summer ready. My girls love this transition

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpeg
    IMG_1448.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1449.jpeg
    IMG_1449.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1451.jpeg
    IMG_1451.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 30

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Here in the South the pollen is mostly done = time to get Summer ready. My girls love this transition
Boy is she growing up! I remember when ours were kids! Took my on a trip to SC that was a bust but we did it together. Mine was still in tha back in a booster!