• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

How many states have you driven your -8 to/through?

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
1 - Texas

Since Texas is Sooooooo big, does it count for more?

Used to drive from Houston to Llano right after I got it, but got to the point it turned into a deer lease vehicle. :cry:

(Edit, I guess technically I drove the overlander in Lousiana before loading it on the trailer and drove it in Texas after unloading it. Does that count as 2?)

Last edited:

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
I've kept mine dry...Utah and Colorado...though I did drive it to my 20-year high school reunion in 1985 in Southern California...so add California (haven't been back since), Nevada, and Arizona. I took the top off at the beach and drove around with it in the bed.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Not many. Driving it to Rausch Creek Off Road Park in PA would get me in VA, MD, a little bit of WV and then PA. I have driven it through quite a bit of VA though. But that is still all in one state.

I would love to drive it across the country to Moab, but would have to take enough spares (for comfort) to have a whole second Scrambler.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
I drove my CJ-5 in 18 states but the CJ-8 has only seen 2 states with me. Sadly I only put a couple thousand miles a year on the CJ-8 since it never see winters and the family doesn't like to take it on long trips.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
(Edit, I guess technically I drove the overlander in Louisiana before loading it on the trailer and drove it in Texas after unloading it. Does that count as 2?)

None of this is anything technical, so sure! :thumbsup: I am considering my trips from initial purchase to home and then from home somewhere and back round trip without trailering. So I wouldn't count your Louisiana driving but who the hell cares? You own a freaking Overlander! :shrug: :cheers:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
None of this is anything technical, so sure! :thumbsup: I am considering my trips from initial purchase to home and then from home somewhere and back round trip without trailering. So I wouldn't count your Louisiana driving but who the hell cares? You own a freaking Overlander! :shrug: :cheers:

Owning them is only half the fun. Using them for their intended purpose is the other half.

Hope to increase my state count soon.

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
only 6 states but they are big states. Now my CJ-5.....about 20 or 25....

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
In My old CJ5:
CT, MA, NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, VI, OH, IN, IL, MO, KS, IA, NE, WY, UT, ID, CO.

In my Scrambler:
CT, MA.