• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

JerseyJeeps Road Trippin' Thread

And yes that stainless steel piece came from a stop for my other addiction, "full size" Jeeps 1963-1985. Glad I could help, you helped me so much more :bacon:
 
Hmmm, this thread is turning not so much of a Jersey Road Tripping thread, it is more of a Jeep and Jeep parts pickup/recovery thread ;)

Just kidding, I love having him come up... he emptied out my garage quite a bit the other day and more than likely in a couple months I will head down and bring him a few more things :)

cb
 
A road trip is a road trip is a road trip, right ? Isn't that what I did before and still doing ? :cheers: I just don't have the time to post it all so others are :wave:
 
I think Jersey has moved on to the FB boards. I believe when Tapatalk was no longer available here (or had some major change in utilization) that he found it too difficult to post from his phone.

I don't use Tapatalk and post from a desktop, so not sure exactly what the issue was, but he is posting on the Scrambler pages on FB.

I like it here better, but nose around on there too.
 
Ah, thanks for the update. Glad to hear all is well w/ him.

I'm not into the BookFace stuff - must be missing out on the latest Scrambler action.
 
I think Jersey has moved on to the FB boards. I believe when Tapatalk was no longer available here (or had some major change in utilization) that he found it too difficult to post from his phone.

I don't use Tapatalk and post from a desktop, so not sure exactly what the issue was, but he is posting on the Scrambler pages on FB.

I like it here better, but nose around on there too.

Just a couple corrections....I have not moved on other than it was too difficult to post here without tapatalk, with me being a mobile only user 95 percent of the time, and we tend to as humans migrate to what is easier or what our individual lives or jobs allow. I am not the only one...look around and you will see many simply left, or post way less. But let me say that Facebook is not a "board" or anything close to it, nor is it a forum. its actually just a series of out of control group texts when you think about it, and it sucks overall. there is no realistic way to do a build thread or have anything searchable. there are no "scrambler pages" like this one, nor a replacement like it...and I did not move there and find what I found here, starting in 2005 and almost 10,000 posts. Its simply a turn of events that happened, and I have no hard feelings either way. But just wanted to say I certainly have not found what this is, nor will FB ever be anything close to it
 
Just a couple corrections....I have not moved on other than it was too difficult to post here without tapatalk, with me being a mobile only user 95 percent of the time, and we tend to as humans migrate to what is easier or what our individual lives or jobs allow. I am not the only one...look around and you will see many simply left, or post way less. But let me say that Facebook is not a "board" or anything close to it, nor is it a forum. its actually just a series of out of control group texts when you think about it, and it sucks overall. there is no realistic way to do a build thread or have anything searchable. there are no "scrambler pages" like this one, nor a replacement like it...and I did not move there and find what I found here, starting in 2005 and almost 10,000 posts. Its simply a turn of events that happened, and I have no hard feelings either way. But just wanted to say I certainly have not found what this is, nor will FB ever be anything close to it

Thanks for the clarification Eric. Sorry if I was a bit off on what I said.

I agree that FB is NOT here, but I can certainly understand the difficulty of posting on this forum (as well as others I am on) from mobile.

I don't look at forums unless I'm on my desktop. Never tried tapatalk, which is obviously popular for mobile users, but I have noticed reduced traffic here since tapatalk was no longer offered here.

I might have missed the announcement on why tapatalk was nixed here, or I might have seen it and just don't remember it. What was the issue with tapatalk that led to its demise here?
 
What was the issue with tapatalk that led to its demise here?

Not going to rehash this here, there's a thread and there was an "announcement" for some time prior to the change. It was due to issues in the plural that we tried to deal with (on the back end) for far, far too long and that they kept making worse with one bad decision after another.
 
Not going to rehash this here, there's a thread and there was an "announcement" for some time prior to the change. It was due to issues in the plural that we tried to deal with (on the back end) for far, far too long and that they kept making worse with one bad decision after another.

10-4. I'll do a search.
 
.

How goes it Eric?

Going through withdrawals from following this thread...
.
 
Miss hearing from Jersey also. I do believe this new format is easier to navigate with “limited skill set” such as I have. Hopefully we will run in to him at one of our events.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SKT
I was supposed to see him this weekend, but it got pushed off due to the weather... he is doing well, talked to him the other day.
I will tell him you all were asking about him.

cb
 
Back
Top