• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My Newest Project - Me !?!?

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Excellent news. Wrenching, driving, enjoying Scramblers is known to be therapeutic. It's true, I've researched it.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Raymond that is great news! :headbang: To help you celebrate I shall load the trailer.

"And a trailer of Jeeps cometh unto the" says the little pink one.:bacon::cheers:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Awesome news! Keep moving forward. You've been in my prayers daily.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS

More Jeepin! Less barium!

Good to hear man :thumbsup:

Excellent news. Wrenching, driving, enjoying Scramblers is known to be therapeutic. It's true, I've researched it.

Raymond that is great news! :headbang: To help you celebrate I shall load the trailer.

"And a trailer of Jeeps cometh unto the" says the little pink one.:bacon::cheers:

Awesome news! Keep moving forward. You've been in my prayers daily.

Thanks everybody :cheers::thumbsup::wave:

Three months down, five years to go before I can say I'm "cancer free" :crazy:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
holy crap man, I completely missed this thread. Now that I am all caught up, I'm glad everything so far is good.
I am especially glad you didnt post any pics, although my computer has a 55" screen so I'm sure I would have been able to zoom in on anything in the pics!

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Awesome, I'm glad to hear all's going well. Look forward to many more.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Appreciate it everyone :thumbsup: :cheers:

My second post CT scan came up "stable", compared to the last one, so good news there:thumbsup:

Next scan in 3 months :fingerscrossed:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Appreciate it everyone :thumbsup: :cheers:

My second post CT scan came up "stable", compared to the last one, so good news there:thumbsup:

Next scan in 3 months :fingerscrossed:

Always love good news! Still praying daily.

BigwoolyD

Legacy Registered User
City
Athens
State
AL
I completely understand the living 3 months at I just cleared 9 months all clear for RCC

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I completely understand the living 3 months at I just cleared 9 months all clear for RCC

Congratulations :cheers: :thumbsup: :wave:

Yeah, the "three months at a time" is kind of blah, finally start feeling normal, then have to go back to hospital for all the tests, then back to normal (hopefully), followed by elation, then the waiting game again. But, I'm not complaining, it could be a much tougher hill to climb. I'm reminded about that fact every time I have to go to the oncology clinic, a lot of people worse off then me.

Cheers to you, and thanks to everyone else for the prayers/well wishes :thumbsup::cheers::wave:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I had my last "every 3 month" check up in August of 2017, everything was fine :)

So, I got spaced out to "every 6 month check ups":thumbsup:

I had my first "every 6 month" check up yesterday. Unfortunately, my blood work indicates a HCG level of 3, where it had been a 1 every previous check up. And, one of the lymph nodes inside my pelvis is slightly larger then normal.

The good news, I don't have to lose any more "dangly bits" :rotfl:

The bad news, I start chemo this coming Monday, March 19. Three, three week cycles, so nine weeks total, probably won't be too fun :( IIRC, the drugs will be: Cisplatin, Bleomycin, and Etoposide, injected through an IV. 1st week -5 days/2nd week - 1 day/ 3rd week -1 day, then Repeats two more times. The oncologist says this treatment is 97% effective. That sounds good, except when its you a$$ on the line :twocents:

Me and the oncologist took an educated gamble after my initial surgery that the tumor removal got rid of all the cancer. All the tests/scans since confirmed that, until yesterday. When I agreed to this "surveillance" treatment method, it was with the agreement that if anything led them to believe I still had some cancer I would start chemo immediately. Well, that's what has happened, so Monday begins something new.

Some people go through this particular chemo regiment with no nausea or other bad side effects. Other people are messed up for nine weeks. I wont know until I start, maybe I will get lucky :shrug: They did guarantee I would lose all my hair, which doesn't really bother me, I am kind of hoping I lose a little weight, got to stay positive :)

So, I won't be around too much for the next few months. At least all of Scramblers are running, except the Tan one, that one is 90% :rotfl:

Hopefully I won't get too messed up, and will see y'all at the National/Sand Blast :thumbsup::wave:

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
I wish you all the best. Stay strong, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Suck. Best to you Raymond, kick some cancer ***!

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I'm not sure how I missed all this, but you're in our prayers.