Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Glad you caught it early and get well soon....I'll pass on the pictures..

SeeJayAte

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Greenfield
State
In
Great to hear that you caught it early and you're now mending nicely! I was in a similar situation (a bit higher up though) a year and a half ago and agree with you that waiting for the outcome of a test, scan or biopsy is extremely stressful. Take your time to recover fully and congrats on beating this. Looking forward to your normal build posts. Take care!

Domin8

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Astoria
State
NY
Amazing story, and so good of you to share it so that others may benefit.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
You've done all the right things. You should have a great recovery! A few years back we started a campaign through our local hospital and health organizations to make people aware of testicular cancer. Three people I know quite well had this happen to them all in the same year. Two survived and a 20 year old didn't. You hit the nail on the head when you stressed getting an ultrasound! That was the difference in the treatment where the young lad died. Catching it early as you did is huge. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and cheers to a speedy recovery.

JeepScrambler

CJ-oholic
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Claflin
State
KS
Glad to hear you went in early! Nothing worse than waiting on those couple of days it takes to run tests and what not to get results back. I absolutely hate the "C" word... As others have said, cheers to a speedy recovery!

Last edited:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
It's all been said. Great to hear you got it, did what was needed and are on the mend. I have a crap ton of moles and my mantra at the dermatologist is always "if in doubt, cut it out" :thumbsup:

Get well my man.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Glad your going to be ok. I probably wouldn't have noticed until it was further along. Something I'll keep in my mind. Hope for a speedy recovery and only a little jeep withdrawal.:wave:
Glad you caught it earlier and wishing you a speedy recovery as well. Nice that the left was okay. Here's to the small victories and keeping things positive.
Glad you caught it early and get well soon....I'll pass on the pictures..
Great to hear that you caught it early and you're now mending nicely! I was in a similar situation (a bit higher up though) a year and a half ago and agree with you that waiting for the outcome of a test, scan or biopsy is extremely stressful. Take your time to recover fully and congrats on beating this. Looking forward to your normal build posts. Take care!
Amazing story, and so good of you to share it so that others may benefit.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
You've done all the right things. You should have a great recovery! A few years back we started a campaign through our local hospital and health organizations to make people aware of testicular cancer. Three people I know quite well had this happen to them all in the same year. Two survived and a 20 year old didn't. You hit the nail on the head when you stressed getting an ultrasound! That was the difference in the treatment where the young lad died. Catching it early as you did is huge. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and cheers to a speedy recovery.
Glad to hear you went in early! Nothing worse than waiting on those couple of days it takes to run tests and what not to get results back. I absolutely hate the "C" word... As others have said, cheers to a speedy recovery!
It's all been said. Great to hear you got it, did what was needed and are on the mend. I have a crap ton of moles and my mantra at the dermatologist is always "if in doubt, cut it out" :thumbsup:

Get well my man.

Appreciate it everybody :cheers:

I should be back to normal in a few more weeks :fingerscrossed:

I'll update after the oncologist visit.

Don't worry, no pictures :rotfl:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Just saw this thread- glad to hear things are looking good and that you're on the road to recovery.

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
I had a recent scare with one of my boys lately. Luckily it turned out to be the beginning of testicular torsion but was caught before any damage could occur. I wish you the best and everyone else don't forget to check yourself daily. I'm glad I do.

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
By my boys I meant my testicles. I don't have kids. Was just scrolling through and realized how some people may interpret that. My nut was twisted and I check my own nuts. Not a pedo.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I had a recent scare with one of my boys lately. Luckily it turned out to be the beginning of testicular torsion but was caught before any damage could occur. I wish you the best and everyone else don't forget to check yourself daily. I'm glad I do.
By my boys I meant my testicles. I don't have kids. Was just scrolling through and realized how some people may interpret that. My nut was twisted and I check my own nuts. Not a pedo.
Glad you caught that in time :eek:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Met my oncologist yesterday.

Minimal concern about slight abnormality on one lymph node. Probably nothing, but they do not know for sure.

So, another CT scan in a few weeks, then a new CT scan/blood work every 3 months. If nothing changes, that will be it. Just a bunch of CT scans over the next five years. Probably about 80% sure this is the case.

If something changes, then I will have to start chemotherapy immediately. Even if it "is" something, still pretty confident that I will be fine/survive/live normal life after chemotherapy. Probably about 20% chance this is the case.

They do not want to radiate me, scared it will cause cancer when I am older.
They do not want me to do chemotherapy right now, in case it is nothing; too many risks/complications if it is nothing.

So, kinda blah news. Should be fine, but really don't know for sure. More waiting :shrug:

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Might ask about thermography (infra-red scan) instead of all those CT scans. Too much radiation can't be good.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Wow! I'm just now catching up on some of the threads I haven't read. Crazy how "out of the loop" I feel lately. Like everyone else said, glad you caught it early and everything seems to be going as well as can be expected!

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Like Polarfire I'm just reading this for the first time. Glad things are going pretty well and wishing you all the best. Those Tulane & LSU doctors are good. I had some of that under the microscope surgery inspection probably 15-20 years ago. I'm not that far from your neck of the woods and am available if you need someone to exercise the jeeps if needed. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Like Polarfire I'm just reading this for the first time. Glad things are going pretty well and wishing you all the best. Those Tulane & LSU doctors are good. I had some of that under the microscope surgery inspection probably 15-20 years ago. I'm not that far from your neck of the woods and am available if you need someone to exercise the jeeps if needed. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Appreciate it :cheers:

Scramblers are doing OK, I have been driving them around the neighborhood :thumbsup::wave:

The only thing that worries me about Tulane, the hospital is right next to the French Quarter :eek::crazy:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Wow! I'm just now catching up on some of the threads I haven't read. Crazy how "out of the loop" I feel lately. Like everyone else said, glad you caught it early and everything seems to be going as well as can be expected!
Appreciate it :cheers:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I had my first "post surgery" CT scan right before Christmas, had to drink that nasty barium stuff :(

Finally got the results, comparing the post surgery scan to the pre surgery scan.

The "anomaly" around my liver is the same size.
"Anomalies" around the Lymph nodes in my pelvic region look like they have shrunk in size.

So, good news, nothing is getting bigger :fingerscrossed:

As for the "anomalies", no idea what they are. Could be scar tissue, cluster of blood vessels, fatty deposit, no idea. As long as they are not growing, and my blood markers keep coming back clean, then we "assume" they are not cancer. CT scans are kind of scary, even if you are 100% healthy, they will show slight weird stuff, doesn't mean it is cancer :twocents:

So, I just have to "assume/believe" I am OK, until the next CT scan. Basically, I plan for only 3 months at a time. Kind of sucks, but better then just getting chemo'd up to ease my mind, especially if I don't need to :twocents:

So, happy about this, for now :D

Since I can assume I'm OK for the next three months, plan on doing a bunch of work on my green Scrambler, which I will post up on its thread, if I can find it :crazy: