• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My "Why I'm Not Getting Anything Jeep Related Done" Build.

xatu40

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Port Orange
State
FL
Looks Great! What size garage doors did you go with? I like the extra clearance. My garage is still in the dream phase.....

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Beautiful ! Just in time for summer. Scratch that one off your bucket list. That garage is a builders dream

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Looks Great! What size garage doors did you go with? I like the extra clearance. My garage is still in the dream phase.....

I went with 10’ x10’ doors. I like the way it worked out, especially the room left at the front. Some of that will go away with toolboxes and such, but there will still be room to work.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Go with a petroleum/solvent based sealer...NOT the eco-friendly water based sealer. I've been involved with chemicals for years and believe me, you'll be light years ahead if you stay away from other sealers. In your state that might not be available. Let me know if you need help with getting the right one.

I’m considering the Siloxa-Tek 8510 with 4500 densifier. Any opinion? It’s oil based and has good reviews.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Well I haven’t been on here much lately, for good reason. The addition of the house is pretty much finished with the exception of exterior paint. Everyone has moved in and settled nicely. The shop is finished with the exception of sealing my side of the floor and building shelves.

The next phase was supposed to be fairly simple, taking two small bedrooms and making them into one large master bedroom for Carol and me. However, nothing is simple when you’re dealing with 1970s construction. What ended up happening is we have removed all the Sheetrock, insulation, plumbing, and wiring in the complete old portion. We found missing window headers, dangerous electrical, and downright stupid plumbing. So we stripped it down to the studs. Removing walls necessitated 4 beans to be installed in the master, and we opened up the kitchen and living room by removing a hall and a wall. We ended up having to install a 22’ beam to support the roof, but now we have a beautiful open concept living area. Well, we will once it is done. ETA 2 more months...

I’ll post up pics when I get the energy.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Basically everything in the old part of the house is being stripped to the studs. As of today it's a blank slate. Nothing but studs and vestiges of sub-standard electrical and plumbing. Turns out we are replacing the whole kitchen too. sleeping in a real bed keeps on getting further away...
Here's a pic of the big support beam before we had the rest of the sheetrock/kitchen torn out...
IMG_0588.jpg

7jeeps7kings

Legacy Registered User
City
right near the lake
State
OH
Last but not least. What I came home to today.

View attachment 64666

Suddenly after looking at all your pic's my projects at home aren't looking so bad anymore! lol.
That's a ton of work! Keep up the good work! and I hope you are able to keep the ball rolling
with motivation! That seems to be the majority of my problems with home projects... Motivation
and too many pokers in the fire to cool down and finish!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Suddenly after looking at all your pic's my projects at home aren't looking so bad anymore! lol.
That's a ton of work! Keep up the good work! and I hope you are able to keep the ball rolling
with motivation! That seems to be the majority of my problems with home projects... Motivation
and too many pokers in the fire to cool down and finish!

This is far more than we ever intended. But after seeing the unsafe framing and electrical, we felt it was necessary. Yeah, I have way too much going on, and my Jeep projects have suffered the neglect. New ETA for completion is mid/late September. I just can’t wait to get out of our 24’ travel trailer and be back in a real bed again. It’s been over a year...

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Hang in there my friend. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting larger and brighter. this is a perfect example of what my mom always taught told me, "The ONLY way to eat an elaphant is one bite at a time".

Looking great.:thumbsup: :wave:

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Watch out for those tunnels with the light getting brighter, it just might be an Amtrak train speeding towards you. :)

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Just wanted to check in- I'm still alive and kicking, but this house project is kicking my butt. The inside is all wired, plumbed, sheetrocked, and painted. Flooring starts tomorrow, followed by cabinets and trim. As far as the shop goes, tomorrow night is the last step in sealing the floor, and I can start moving in and using it. And, the horses and landscaping projects have kept me busy too. Sorry I haven't visited the forum much at all lately, I'll make up for it soon. Looks like another 6 weeks of this, and we will be finished!!!

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Sounds like it may be winding down by the end of the year. May give you a chance to work on the jeeps and enjoy the winter. When done, let me be the first to harp on pics. We love seeing other people's work.:giggle:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Progress is picking up speed. ETA now November 14.

On another note, we sold the VW Bus. Hard to do but more time for Jeeps now!