Official CJ-8.com Forum Lurker Intro Thread!

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
You bet I will be on the lookout. Any Jeep get-togethers around our part of FL coming up?
Not that I can think of :unsure:. Every Jeep club meeting is all JK’s now. It seem that VERY few CJ’s out there these days. They have a social every Wednesday at the Dunedin causeway. Last time I went, there were about 20 angry looking JK”s and one sweet CJ. That’s it. Wonder if they would even know what a CJ8 was??

City
Hudson
State
FL
Not that I can think of :unsure:. Every Jeep club meeting is all JK’s now. It seem that VERY few CJ’s out there these days. They have a social every Wednesday at the Dunedin causeway. Last time I went, there were about 20 angry looking JK”s and one sweet CJ. That’s it. Wonder if they would even know what a CJ8 was??
Maybe after the New Year, we could cruise by and show them the inspiration for the Gladiator. Plus I already have the "Happy" covered with my old school KC HiLites covers. 8-) I will message you next year.

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
Maybe after the New Year, we could cruise by and show them the inspiration for the Gladiator. Plus I already have the "Happy" covered with my old school KC HiLites covers. 8-) I will message you next year.
Oh yeah! I have those KC’s ready to go on too. My Scrambler is missing the engine right now. Driving the XJ for my daily driver.

City
Allentown
State
Nj
Me and and son took our Jeeps to a Jeep clubs’ toys for tots meeting last week. All mall crawler jk’s. A few off road jk’s. All parked in a mall parking lot, about 75 Jeeps. Only one CJ-8 (mine) and a beat up off road Comanche. Only 3 people showed any interest in the cj. And two of them were the firemen on hand to accept the toys.
But those jk owners sure put a lot of money in those Jeeps. Lifts, axels, lighting, audio etc, but still a mall crawler. I won’t be going to those events again. I like events that actually appreciate the older Jeeps.

City
Hudson
State
FL
Me and and son took our Jeeps to a Jeep clubs’ toys for tots meeting last week. All mall crawler jk’s. A few off road jk’s. All parked in a mall parking lot, about 75 Jeeps. Only one CJ-8 (mine) and a beat up off road Comanche. Only 3 people showed any interest in the cj. And two of them were the firemen on hand to accept the toys.
But those jk owners sure put a lot of money in those Jeeps. Lifts, axels, lighting, audio etc, but still a mall crawler. I won’t be going to those events again. I like events that actually appreciate the older Jeeps.
That's wild, I was heading home from some errands and stopped at a local gas station. Was inside getting a Slurpee for my wife (she loves those things) and came out to find an old YJ covered with mud, big lift, giant tires parked next to my Scrambler. The driver was out with his phone taking pictures and the passenger was on the other side looking at the interior talking about how cool it was. They loved it, the driver said he wished he had a CJ instead and was going to start looking because he had never seen the "pickup " version. :P

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
What a shame 🙄. 90% of the JK’ers around here do not wave? Some even have that wave hand decal on their side view mirror! It maybe because I am in a XJ? We’ll see what happens when I am back in the CJ.

City
Allentown
State
Nj
What a shame 🙄. 90% of the JK’ers around here do not wave? Some even have that wave hand decal on their side view mirror! It maybe because I am in a XJ? We’ll see what happens when I am back in the CJ.
Same here. Where I live a lot of the parents buy their high school senior kids jk’s or I’ll see a soccer mom behind the wheel. My son and I usually play the game if there’s gonna be a return wave. My son is the young generation and at least he’s keeping the cj spirit alive. He’s only 19, but really appreciates the older jeep models and their legacy they’ve left.