• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Official CJ-8.com Forum Lurker Intro Thread!

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
You bet I will be on the lookout. Any Jeep get-togethers around our part of FL coming up?
Not that I can think of :unsure:. Every Jeep club meeting is all JK’s now. It seem that VERY few CJ’s out there these days. They have a social every Wednesday at the Dunedin causeway. Last time I went, there were about 20 angry looking JK”s and one sweet CJ. That’s it. Wonder if they would even know what a CJ8 was??

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Split the difference, get angry eyes for the cj?

(Please don't)

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
Or, I could get a smile decal under the headlights on the grill?? Make it look like a happy Jeep ?.

Ohnomobile

Gold Member
City
Hudson
State
FL
Not that I can think of :unsure:. Every Jeep club meeting is all JK’s now. It seem that VERY few CJ’s out there these days. They have a social every Wednesday at the Dunedin causeway. Last time I went, there were about 20 angry looking JK”s and one sweet CJ. That’s it. Wonder if they would even know what a CJ8 was??
Maybe after the New Year, we could cruise by and show them the inspiration for the Gladiator. Plus I already have the "Happy" covered with my old school KC HiLites covers. 8-) I will message you next year.

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
Maybe after the New Year, we could cruise by and show them the inspiration for the Gladiator. Plus I already have the "Happy" covered with my old school KC HiLites covers. 8-) I will message you next year.
Oh yeah! I have those KC’s ready to go on too. My Scrambler is missing the engine right now. Driving the XJ for my daily driver.

Summerlovin

City
Allentown
State
Nj
Me and and son took our Jeeps to a Jeep clubs’ toys for tots meeting last week. All mall crawler jk’s. A few off road jk’s. All parked in a mall parking lot, about 75 Jeeps. Only one CJ-8 (mine) and a beat up off road Comanche. Only 3 people showed any interest in the cj. And two of them were the firemen on hand to accept the toys.
But those jk owners sure put a lot of money in those Jeeps. Lifts, axels, lighting, audio etc, but still a mall crawler. I won’t be going to those events again. I like events that actually appreciate the older Jeeps.

Ohnomobile

Gold Member
City
Hudson
State
FL
Me and and son took our Jeeps to a Jeep clubs’ toys for tots meeting last week. All mall crawler jk’s. A few off road jk’s. All parked in a mall parking lot, about 75 Jeeps. Only one CJ-8 (mine) and a beat up off road Comanche. Only 3 people showed any interest in the cj. And two of them were the firemen on hand to accept the toys.
But those jk owners sure put a lot of money in those Jeeps. Lifts, axels, lighting, audio etc, but still a mall crawler. I won’t be going to those events again. I like events that actually appreciate the older Jeeps.
That's wild, I was heading home from some errands and stopped at a local gas station. Was inside getting a Slurpee for my wife (she loves those things) and came out to find an old YJ covered with mud, big lift, giant tires parked next to my Scrambler. The driver was out with his phone taking pictures and the passenger was on the other side looking at the interior talking about how cool it was. They loved it, the driver said he wished he had a CJ instead and was going to start looking because he had never seen the "pickup " version. :P

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
What a shame ?. 90% of the JK’ers around here do not wave? Some even have that wave hand decal on their side view mirror! It maybe because I am in a XJ? We’ll see what happens when I am back in the CJ.

Summerlovin

City
Allentown
State
Nj
What a shame ?. 90% of the JK’ers around here do not wave? Some even have that wave hand decal on their side view mirror! It maybe because I am in a XJ? We’ll see what happens when I am back in the CJ.
Same here. Where I live a lot of the parents buy their high school senior kids jk’s or I’ll see a soccer mom behind the wheel. My son and I usually play the game if there’s gonna be a return wave. My son is the young generation and at least he’s keeping the cj spirit alive. He’s only 19, but really appreciates the older jeep models and their legacy they’ve left.

Dansim

City
Washington
State
UT
About Me Introduction:

I was able to come visit a few of you in Hurricane, Utah this year at the event. Zach H was installing a fuel injection kit on my 1981 CJ-8 and told me about the event. It was great to see so many incredible machines, but even better to meet the great members of this organization and Forum.

I don't get very much time to work on my Scrambler, but I recently moved to St. George Utah and have more ability to live outdoors. So you'll be hearing more from me as I dive into this beast and learn the in's and out's.

About my Jeep:
1981 Scrambler
66k original miles

retiredFF42

City
Springhill
State
FL
New to the site. Retired firefighter paramedic and in the last few years of my career in the fire service I became a RN. Now I live in Florida and work for the Florida Forest Service. I have owned a DJ, a CJ5 and just recently bought a 1982 CJ8. In addition to that I have owned several FJ's and VW's. I found this site last week and just got around to joining. My CJ8 has a 258 with smog equipment still in place but all of the vacuum lines were shot and it ran pretty rough. The transmission is a T4 and the transfer case is a D300. The only modifications to the jeep are 32" mud terrains and a ridiculously stiff leaf springs. The clutch died when I tried to drive it into the garage and there is a significant oil leak at the rear of the engine. The Scrambler is a project that I am excited about. I have wanted a Scrambler since I was 13 and saw one in 1983. It is always nice to find a place to share with people that are interested this hobby.

Last edited:

Special K

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Knoxville
State
TN
New Lifetime Member - but long time Scrambler owner. First Scrambler was my first automobile in 1984. Looking forward to driving my 82 Scrambler up to the National Scramble in June to connect with new friends and fellow classic Jeep enthusiasts. My 82 Scrambler has 69,000 original miles, 258/SR4 configuration, AMC 20 rear end, Dana 300 transfer case, Dana 30 front end, narrow track configuration. Nearly 100% original, with great character and class. Happy and honored to join the forum.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Welcome FF42 & Special K. It's a really great little community we have here.:wave: Let's see what you have. We LOVE pics around here.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Welcome to all of the new forum members, you certainly found the right place to be for Scrambler info :cheers:

tlangley

City
Johnsonville
State
SC
First Jeep, Tonka CJ in late 70’s. Loved them every since. Second Jeep 79 CJ-5 with 304 and side-pipes (4WD Harley). Multiple variations since. Currently 84 Scrambler with 78k miles on 4-banger that I literally just pulled out of my barn to restore, 1981 CJ-5 Laredo and a 1994 YJ daily driver. Just found this site but will be an avid follower. Father still driving a 72 CJ-5 with 304 and a 1983 Scrambler, both original.

Last edited:

jc_chandler

City
Denver
State
CO
Good afternoon! New guy here. I don't currently own a Scrambler but I've been in the market for quite a while. Previously I've owned an '86 CJ7 and two TJs. Currently I have a '00 XJ that I've slowly rebuilt and a '18 JKU that is my DD and trail rig. My dream is to find a decent Scrambler and do a frame-off restomod. I just got beat out a couple of days ago by somebody quicker on the draw than me on a really great looking one just down the road from me in Colorado Springs. Alas the search continues.