Official CJ-8.com Forum Lurker Intro Thread!

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Welcome OverTxMx.
Nice looking Scrambler. It looks familiar, I think I saw it online for sale. I know we all want more info on it!

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
That wouldn’t usually be my kind of color scheme, but it totally works on this. I love it! Welcome to the forum, love that you’re sharing it with your kiddo. Awesome!

City
Allentown
State
Nj
Growing up, I always liked muscle cars. GM, Ford or Mopar, didn’t matter, I never had a particular favorite. My first exposure to Jeeps was when I joined the army. I was fortunate enough to be in when we transitioned from the 1/4 ton to the humvee. In Korea where I was stationed, maybe 1987? Yeah around that time.
So I was driving in my Cherokee one day and see a scram on the side of the road, for sale. So I checked it out. Drove it. Was a father/son restore project. It had...

AMC 360 crate motor
Single piece axles
Stock AMC 20 rear/Dana 30 front
Dana 300 (with an after market twin stick)
Painless wiring
Lokar floor shifter (I like retro, might revert back to the column)
Tf-999 trans
The guy gave me everything he had for it, full soft top, bikini top, original parts he removed etc
Bestop seats
The paint job was ok, not bad, just wasn’t primered right cause it’s starting to peel. But hey, for the price, my brother said I’d be nuts not to buy it. My 19 year old son is a wrangler kid. He has an 05 TJ ROcky Mountain edition. We’re gonna do a long arm lift on that in the spring.
I told him the scram is his when he moves out or when I die (hopefully he moves out first).
But that’s about it. Like the forums here. I’ll be on and off. My scram just needs some tlc and some minor attention

Attachments

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Growing up, I always liked muscle cars. GM, Ford or Mopar, didn’t matter, I never had a particular favorite. My first exposure to Jeeps was when I joined the army. I was fortunate enough to be in when we transitioned from the 1/4 ton to the humvee. In Korea where I was stationed, maybe 1987? Yeah around that time.
So I was driving in my Cherokee one day and see a scram on the side of the road, for sale. So I checked it out. Drove it. Was a father/son restore project. It had...

AMC 360 crate motor
Single piece axles
Stock AMC 20 rear/Dana 30 front
Dana 300 (with an after market twin stick)
Painless wiring
Lokar floor shifter (I like retro, might revert back to the column)
Tf-999 trans
The guy gave me everything he had for it, full soft top, bikini top, original parts he removed etc
Bestop seats
The paint job was ok, not bad, just wasn’t primered right cause it’s starting to peel. But hey, for the price, my brother said I’d be nuts not to buy it. My 19 year old son is a wrangler kid. He has an 05 TJ ROcky Mountain edition. We’re gonna do a long arm lift on that in the spring.
I told him the scram is his when he moves out or when I die (hopefully he moves out first).
But that’s about it. Like the forums here. I’ll be on and off. My scram just needs some tlc and some minor attention
Nice find! That's quite the list of equipment. Welcome to the forum :cheers:

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
There is a big Scrambler get together at Rausch Creek in June. Not horribly far from New Jersey.

City
Allentown
State
Nj
There is a big Scrambler get together at Rausch Creek in June. Not horribly far from New Jersey.
My son does the off roading. I just like easy trails. He wants to take the scram to the Bantamfest next year in butlerville. I’m sure been there. He’s itching to go. Me? I’m always busy. I might try to go to bantamfest. He always wanted to go to rausch. We know people who e gone there, they love it

City
Clinton
State
ms
Just wanted to check in since I am new to the Scrambler world and plan to steal loads of information from everyone's trials and tribulations. Great Website and TONS of knowledge and Facts. Not new to jeeps at all, I've owned 50+ CJ's, YJ, TJ, XJ, WJ but finally decided to pull the trigger and purchase the one jeep I have never owned and restore/build/modify/and personalize

City
Hudson
State
FL
New here also, north of Tampa. I accidentally inserted the picture first. 82 CJ-8 work in progress, fun to drive and seems to catch a lot of attention. Mostly from newer Jeep owners that recognize it. Bought a 1982 Laredo CJ-7 new from the dealer and had a blast in it. I decided to get some kind of classic car and Jeep was what fit me best.