• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Old Member Fernando Rico Cusi passes

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
I just read this post over on MPJAI, my local Club. Seems that Frernando passed away this list week.

Here is the post from one of our members.

Fernando Rico Cusi

First off I wish I could have posted this in the club forum.
For those who knew him. He recently moved to Florida and got married to Magnolia. Last week he passed away. I think it was thurs or fri. I got a phone call and had no way of returning it because I got the message when my phone was dead and it didn't retain the phone #. I emailed him and got a response back from his wife this afternoon. I called her and she explained that he was ill last week. They went to the hospital and he had complications with his lung, then his heart. There was nothing that could be done. I talked with him a week or so ago on the phone, he was looking for a case spreader, I was supposed to send it to him so I know he wasn't expecting anything.
I would like to make a CD for his wife and send it to her so if you have pictures of him on or off the trail please email them to me at redrocket78@gmail.com. If you would like an address so you can send something pm me and I will get that to you asap. Thank you.
Chad.

Here is a link to the posting for those with pictures.

http://www.mpjai.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84523&posted=1#post84523

Carl

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Wow. That's a shocker. I met Fernando at the first National Scramble in Hot Springs. First time I saw a stroker. Didn't know what it was. Great guy. Somebody please tell his scary trailer story. Our sympathies to his wife and family.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Wow!! This is really a shock. He was a really nice guy.

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Yes that is hard to hear. My prayers are with his family.

Truck

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
Oh man...I hate this...first Ted and now Fernando. Wow. I'm very sorry to hear this and wish the best for his family.

What a great guy he was. I was with him on the infamous trip to the first national scramble. I've told the trailer story before and I'll tell it again sometime soon...just don't feel like it right now. I will say, however, that even though we went through a hell of a lot throughout that ride, I never once saw Fernando lose his cool or even have his positive attitude about everything fazed in any way.

He was an enthusiastic Jeeper and a great member of our community.

RIP friend.

Last edited:

Crossbones

Charter Member
City
Richmond
State
Va
Another heart-felt loss. The first to smile and the first to lend a helping hand.

Robert

Grantshire

Legacy Registered User
City
Richmond
State
VA
Wow, another loss in our ranks! Only met him a couple of times but he seemed like a great guy. My thoughts and prayers go out for him and his family.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Moved to ScRamblings for better visibility.

Fernando was a fantastic guy, met him at that National (will never forget that truck/trailer pulling in there :eek: ) and he came to at least one Oak Ridge event. I'll have to look for pictures.

Incredibly nice guy.

Some folks have a smile that you can never foget because it's so genuine and heartwarming, Fernando was most certainly one of those... RIP friend.

firemanhank

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
Ooltewah
State
tn
sad news indeed

I hate to hear this horrible news. I wish his family well and will say a prayer for him.
Hank

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Wow, that is sad news. As others have noted, he was at the first Scramble. The trailer story was unbelievable.

Prayers lifted for his family...

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
From Oak Ridge VA, '04

attachment.php

attachment.php