• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

OT: Official CJ-8.com NFL discussion thread

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
They got a really good QB, he's going to be a star.

Related: the idea that the Panthers willfully passed on Stroud for Young because the moron owner overruled the GM is just INSANE.
It will be interesting to see what Stroud & Ryans can do.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
It ain’t over yet, but … wow Texans.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I don’t have Pcock. And don’t feel like dishing out money for it. I hope the playoffs don’t eventually go completely to that type of format, but when you have single players making over 50 million a year that money has to come from someplace. It would be nice to see the game though.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Yeah, it’s total BS that they’re doing this now. The Thursday night games were bad enough. No way they should be paywalling anything.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Yeah, it’s total BS that they’re doing this now. The Thursday night games were bad enough. No way they should be paywalling anything.
At least if you live in the general area of your team, your team is broadcasted on a local station in your area. This is actually over the top

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
100 % . I was actually talking about the Thursday night game. Tonight’s was a national game. Should have been broadcasted through out on local stations, even if you don’t have or can’t afford cable.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
It is BS. And if my daughter did not work for Peacock, I would not have had it to watch. Which probably would have been better for me to NOT watch that misery. Sigh.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I was at a friend's last night and watched the games. We both think it is ridiculous that NFL/NBL games are sometimes on streaming services ONLY.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
FYI, if needed in the future...

Instacart has a free trial (no CC required) that includes a free Peacock trial.
That said, the game wasn't worth the minimal effort.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
That Buffalo stadium looks interesting. They are looking for volunteers to walk in and help shovel out the stadium. If I lived close by and had a dog team with sled or skidoo I would think about it for a couple of seconds. :rotfl: That’s what a Dome stadium is for. No sweating or freezing. Drinking a cold one in style @ 70 degrees.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
That Buffalo stadium looks interesting. They are looking for volunteers to walk in and help shovel out the stadium. If I lived close by and had a dog team with sled or skidoo I would think about it for a couple of seconds. :rotfl: That’s what a Dome stadium is for. No sweating or freezing. Drinking a cold one in style @ 70 degrees.
$20 an hour to shovel!

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
The volunteers were being paid $20/hr plus breaks & food.