Hey he's making fun of my anal attention to detail

Want to know why I do it? Well I'm gonna tell you anyway
- Drawing things at this level of detail is like a "dry run" on the fabrication. I catch a lot of problems now and refine the design so I know it works before I start cutting metal.
- The overall build becomes more like a kit assembly than a fab project, reducing the uncertainty of the outcome.
- I like to draw. BTW, have you seen my drawings in the latest issue of jRations?
- I can better share the ideas with you guys in drawing form and that way get great input to make the design better.
- It is fun to look at the finished products and say "yup, looks just like the drawing"
- And... I'm planning on writing a book on the whole project. Book will cover designing, project planning, fabrication techniques, etc., and hopefully will end up being a good reference book for fab project work and not just a "how I built my pickup" book so maybe will have wider appeal. I'll use the drawings in the book. Heck I can begin writing a chapter on the fenders now...
Now to your points about the bumper...
- I decided to bolt the bumper sections to the step section because that way I can probably get away without disturbing the powder coat on the bumper. Welding would require the bumper to be refinished, but with bolts I think I can get away with only sealing the cut end. That way the bumper retains the factory powder coat look.
- I likey those bumper ends you linked to. You're right, the angular look might be just right. Will add these to my list of ideas.
- An extra front bumper eh? Hmmmmm... Will have to think about that one. I've got a factory bumper bar on the LJ that will become this project, I like the look of it. Haven't given any thought to the front bumper, I've been focused on the back half of the project. Hmmmmmmmm...
Thanks as always for the input!
Jeff