• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

RIP Jessie-

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Today was one of the hardest days of my life. Our Lab, Jessie, has been deteriorating physically the last week or so. Yesterday she showed some improvement but today was much worse. She was in so much pain and we made the hard decision with the Vet’s help. She was almost 13 and the prognosis wasn’t good. Jessie isn’t hurting any more, but we sure are. She was one of the best dogs ever and she loved us more than life itself.
39D93970-BF86-4D77-85D3-91A7F3817134.jpeg

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
Well said. Although extremely painful, you did the greatest service to a loved one that can be done. Taking away pain is one of the most compassionate things that we can provide to our loved ones, however difficult the decision is. I have been there multiple times too. Barrys is right; the good memories stay crystal clear, the pain fades away.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Losing a best friend is hard. You'll probably tear up from time to time over the next month or so (I did when ours passed). But you'll never forget the good time you had with Jessie.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Sorry to hear of the loss. I know the feeling, our lab was 14yr. We did the same process as you. I used her name as my sign in. Almost changed it when she went away. After 2 yrs (and wife and mother in law pushing) we got 2 lab pups. Never can replace them, still stings when I think of her, but can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It will get better.

Attachments

• 20200112_171303.jpg
    20200112_171303.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 3

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
Lifetime Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Sorry to hear Randy, the only fault with good dogs is they do not live long enough.

I know where you are, lost one of my labs due to complications from cancer right before last Christmas. Spent a stupid amount of money at TAMU vet school trying to save him. He was only 6.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
So sorry Randy, it’s always so damn hard.

We just had our newest little guy in today for teeth extraction and he’s the saddest thing I’ve ever seen right now. just hate seeing him in pain even if it’s for the best. Never easy and hurts like hell. Best to y’all.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Sorry for your loss, Randy. My 'pretty girl' is coming up on 14 & still runs around like a puppy (and then promptly lays down), but my wife likes to occasionally remind me of her age. I just tell her "shhh...you keep quiet...she's gonna live forever...sweetie, don't you listen to that mean lady."

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
I feel for ya man. It's a terrible thing to go through. It will get better with time, but never quite goes away. I still miss my old best friend Rooster. He used to go crazy with excitement whenever I mentioned the words "want to go for a ride in the Jeep?".
DogInJeep.jpg

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
So sorry to hear this. It's never easy. We lost our golden retriever, CJ, a year ago last November and we still miss her terribly.

About 6 months ago, we finally decided we were ready for another dog and now have Rubi. It has been a wonderful thing for the whole family to have a dog in the house again. I highly recommend it when you're ready.

A new pup will obviously never replace the time with and love you had for Jessie, but it goes a long way to filling the void left in your heart by the loss.

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Sorry to hear about you parting with such an important part of your life. Losing a pet is never easy. My wife and I have had to say goodbye to two cats and two dogs since we have been married and I shed tears for everyone of them. I didn't even like the cats that much and I still miss them.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Sorry to hear about your faithful friend Randy. Dogs are definitely a gift to cherish even long after they are gone !

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
So Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Irreplaceable. Keep the memories and reflect on all the chapters of your life she had and shared with you and family. Not an easy time my friend. Grown men do cry.