The floor ones mount really close to the single threaded hole that is already there. But are you going to drill for the side brackets or just install it so it doubles as an ejector seat ?
I vote ejector seat.
Sent from my SCH-I545
I haven't looked into it too much, but the front brackets should be easy enough. As for the rear brackets, that typically mount to the CJ7 wheel wells, I plan on making some type of floor mount brackets that will hold the rear brackets, and secure to existing threaded holes in the floor. I just need to figure it out/make them
Wow! Are you a day (actually 2) late with this post. I was getting texts from the Colorado mountains for a part number for this, this weekend. Jeeperdd (Dustin) and Treblehook (Dylan) were stuck and trying to figure this out.The brakes quit working on this one the other day, and I almost smashed into JeepAdict truck, it was pretty sweet
Anyway, these braided stainless lines don't like rubbing against the front tires, who would have thought
So, I swapped on these:
These were the only lines that the NAPA by my house had in stock that would fit: part #'s 382686 and 382687. They fit fine, and clear the tires. And they work great on the street. I "think" they are long enough, I will have to verify by disconnecting the sway bar and putting it on an RTI ramp. For $16 apiece, I hope it is a workable solution.
That's it for now
I have about 10 pictures I was going to post up tonight that shows almost the same thing... spent yesterday replacing front brake hoses... mine weren't totally gone through though, but they were rubbing... the braided part was gone and the teflon part inside was worn almost down... it allowed air in there and if I hit the brakes more then a tap, it locked all 4 wheels up... VERY STRANGE BEHAVIOR!!!!
took a while to figure out what was what, but in the end, looks like you (and me) got it all straightened out.
Scary though. Brakes are no joke!
Wow! Are you a day (actually 2) late with this post. I was getting texts from the Colorado mountains for a part number for this, this weekend. Jeeperdd (Dustin) and Treblehook (Dylan) were stuck and trying to figure this out.
I don't want to hijaaaaaack, but this is what I went through... lucky to have brakes unlike you... I just wanted people to get the word and check them hoses!
Damage to the old one and the new RE one.
View attachment 43209
The old ones together... one side rubbed, the other did not.
View attachment 43210
This is why I made spring retainer thingamabobs to pull the hose away from the tire. Been going strong for at almost a decade and no chance of rubbing Will try to remember a picture next time in the garage. Simple long/light spring bolted to shock tower and a plastic cable clamp of the right size around the hose in a location that doesn't stress much at all un-flexed, but is enough to hold the hose away from the wheel.
We ended up with an 88 Chevy front brake line only after rummaging through brake line boxes.Wow! Are you a day (actually 2) late with this post. I was getting texts from the Colorado mountains for a part number for this, this weekend. Jeeperdd (Dustin) and Treblehook (Dylan) were stuck and trying to figure this out.
This one has been running/driving pretty well. No real problems, until a few days ago, gas gauge quit. So, before Sand Blast, a few more things to do to this one:
1) Fix gas gauge - FIXED
2) Install new shifter floor plate/boots
3) Borgeson steering shaft - INSTALLED
4) Door panels/door weather striping
Will try to start working on this one again, soon, that's it for now
MSD makes some really nice wire retainers that you can fab brackets for.
Sent from my SCH-I545
#4 wire might rotate down and melt on the manifold.. just saying what i see.. i had that problem when i was playing around one day.. add a zip tie to hold it in that position just in case..