zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Here are a couple pictures of the 1983 Scrambler Stump Jumper I just bought. It's all original except for the fire damage. I suspect that this was a dealer special but I just don't know. I will be doing a frame off restoration with a LS engine and 4L60E trans. I have my own idea's about paint but hate to ruin a one of a kind truck. I'm going to trace out the decals and save it just in case I decide to go back original later. Has anyone seen this trailer hitch before?

Attachments

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
I've never seen a hitch like that one either. :shrug: although I have made a few similar. :thumbsup:

I may have a few factory hitches if you need one though. :wave:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Maybe it's like the Stump Jumper and one of a kind. Stump Jumper sounds like a good name for my build. I'll probably start a new thread named "Stump Jumper" in the build section. BTW I picked up the engine and transmission today. It came out of a 2005 4WD Yukon. Alum heads with iron block so I believe it is 295 HP. It will be about 325 when I'm done. Now if I could only wave my magic wand and "whammo" it's in the truck. The little blue tags on the exhaust manifold is where I wrote down my compression test readings. All eight between 130 and 140.

Attachments

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Found this one for sale near me. I'm very tempted to get it and make a runaround/plow Jeep with it.

Golden Hawk.jpg

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Found this one for sale near me. I'm very tempted to get it and make a runaround/plow Jeep with it.

View attachment 50612
This made me think. I was 63 years old on Monday and have lived in the south all my life and I have never in my life seen a snow plow in operation. But I do get 9 months out of the year bikini season.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I would rather not see a snow plow in operation either. But they did make a special package for the jeep trucks called the "snow boss " tho

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
This made me think. I was 63 years old on Monday and have lived in the south all my life and I have never in my life seen a snow plow in operation. But I do get 9 months out of the year bikini season.
What's a snow plow:shrug::shrug: