• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Special Package CJ's

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Here are a couple pictures of the 1983 Scrambler Stump Jumper I just bought. It's all original except for the fire damage. I suspect that this was a dealer special but I just don't know. I will be doing a frame off restoration with a LS engine and 4L60E trans. I have my own idea's about paint but hate to ruin a one of a kind truck. I'm going to trace out the decals and save it just in case I decide to go back original later. Has anyone seen this trailer hitch before?

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 192

Dascorey

Basic User
City
Lewiston
State
ID
That hitch can be found on "bustedshinbone.com". Jk. Looks fabricated to me, and rightly so. Finding an AM hitch is hard

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
I've never seen a hitch like that one either. :shrug: although I have made a few similar. :thumbsup:

I may have a few factory hitches if you need one though. :wave:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Maybe it's like the Stump Jumper and one of a kind. Stump Jumper sounds like a good name for my build. I'll probably start a new thread named "Stump Jumper" in the build section. BTW I picked up the engine and transmission today. It came out of a 2005 4WD Yukon. Alum heads with iron block so I believe it is 295 HP. It will be about 325 when I'm done. Now if I could only wave my magic wand and "whammo" it's in the truck. The little blue tags on the exhaust manifold is where I wrote down my compression test readings. All eight between 130 and 140.

Attachments

• 001 (2).JPG
    001 (2).JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 253

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Found this one for sale near me. I'm very tempted to get it and make a runaround/plow Jeep with it.

Golden Hawk.jpg

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Found this one for sale near me. I'm very tempted to get it and make a runaround/plow Jeep with it.

View attachment 50612

This made me think. I was 63 years old on Monday and have lived in the south all my life and I have never in my life seen a snow plow in operation. But I do get 9 months out of the year bikini season.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I would rather not see a snow plow in operation either. But they did make a special package for the jeep trucks called the "snow boss " tho

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
This made me think. I was 63 years old on Monday and have lived in the south all my life and I have never in my life seen a snow plow in operation. But I do get 9 months out of the year bikini season.

What's a snow plow:shrug::shrug:

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
photo_zpsguw4yyem-1.jpg