• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Speedhut gauges

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
You can also customize them to have a higher RPM range than the stock CJ while appearing the same.

Just include a note telling them the range you want.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Everything I've read about the Omix and Crown makes me a bit nervous about these speedhuts

These are NOTHING like Omix or Crown. Fully digital and solid-state. To say that comparing them is apples and oranges would an understatement. It's like comparing a freebie watch from a happy meal to a Rolex.

Had all my Speedhut gauges for years now with no problems.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Thanks guys. Can't wait for it to rock up. I just stuck with the 6000 rpm as I don't ever rev her that high anyway. She's only been past 4000 rpm a handful of times .

steveklentz

City
Grand Junction
State
CO
I bought the volt meter and the oil gauge from speed hut after returning some absolute junk omi ada gauges.
The speed hut gauges are very well thought out and high quality. I plan on replacing the rest. A little bit whiter/brighter light

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Been using the clock and tachometer and pretty happy with both (only gripe is the clock arms don't lite up at night like the other gauge needles). I'd buy the full set if they made an mechanical oil pressure gauge to match the CJ line.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I think they usually have a nice black Friday sale also which is obviously not far off

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Been using the clock and tachometer and pretty happy with both (only gripe is the clock arms don't lite up at night like the other gauge needles). I'd buy the full set if they made an mechanical oil pressure gauge to match the CJ line.

Who cares if it’s mechanical any more? :shrug: Sensors have become too good to worry with it IMO.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
And you can get them to make them custom in almost any configuration you want with custom faces, needles, and specific sweep values. They are so flexible in the design and layout I dont know how VDO, Autometer, Stewert Warner and others can even compete.

I'd never use a crown or omix ada repro guage.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
And you can get them to make them custom in almost any configuration you want with custom faces, needles, and specific sweep values. They are so flexible in the design and layout I dont know how VDO, Autometer, Stewert Warner and others can even compete.

I'd never use a crown or omix ada repro guage.

The hardest part is deciding when you’re done designing. Death by options :rotfl:

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
When you see the Black Friday sale please let us know... a set would be a great Christmas gift from the kids and sweetheart :love:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
An example of the unwritten customization they can do:

0B9BD538-F0C6-49BA-ACE4-0A5526CF0630.jpeg

I had the tach rpm range increased and the yellow/red zone modified to match my LS swap as apposed to the lower rpm range and redline of the amc engines.

They usually run sales multiple times during the year, Christmas, March madness, July, etc...

Just sign up with them and they will send you a notice of the sales coming up.

The gauges look mesmerizing, like fine jewelry!

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
An example of the unwritten customization they can do:

View attachment 77386

I had the tach rpm range increased and the yellow/red zone modified to match my LS swap as apposed to the lower rpm range and redline of the amc engines.

They usually run sales multiple times during the year, Christmas, March madness, July, etc...

Just sign up with them and they will send you a notice of the sales coming up.

The gauges look mesmerizing, like fine jewelry!
Will an LS really ll wrap 7k?

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Vette guys are routinely twisting them to 7,500 +.

It really is all academic since I doubt I would want to wind one up that high in an SUV on 35" + tall tires.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
I've had a few high RPM engines, north of 10,000 rpm, that were quick, but the upkeep/maintanence just takes away most of the fun. My new LS 4.8 will make optimum power @ 6,200/7,400 rpms with the help of turbocharging. :wave:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I've had a few high RPM engines, north of 10,000 rpm, that were quick, but the upkeep/maintanence just takes away most of the fun. My new LS 4.8 will make optimum power @ 6,200/7,400 rpms with the help of turbocharging. :wave:

Did you go 4.8 because it’ll wrap higher? Or because once you turbo it; it’s so crazy powerful it doesn’t matter?