jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Yeah I think we can all agree not even close to that as far as storage cond. look at the animal infestation under hood. But my biggest tell tale is the tailgate brackets. Just those indicate this saw very damp storage. And then yes the underside. Probably a dirt floor type side of a barn type thing overhang. It’s a miracle an animal didn’t chew on the seats.

City
Lanexa
State
VA
I was coming here to let y'all know it was for sale, but it appears that the news has broke... He has decided that its in the best interest of the truck to go somewhere/someone who can truly take care/restore it. The old man would prefer to have one he could drive around, instead of feeling guilty of putting miles on something like this. Truck is still available.

Last edited:

jak inc

I H8 SALT!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Merton
State
WI
Special Jeep yes. But for me low mileage is not everything. Years ago I passed on a super low mileage Rubicon LJ because of the mess the undercoater made to the chassis, wiring, and underbody. There would be a lot of labor and nos parts to bring this scrambler back again to read as a 1,000 mile jeep. Definitely a labor of love!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Special Jeep yes. But for me low mileage is not everything. Years ago I passed on a super low mileage Rubicon LJ because of the mess the undercoater made to the chassis, wiring, and underbody. There would be a lot of labor and nos parts to bring this scrambler back again to read as a 1,000 mile jeep. Definitely a labor of love!
Jak, you are spot on. I’ll take 10,000-20,000 miles and proper, reasonable storage (and one that runs and drives for that price) over 1000 miles and this one any day. I sure would like to have this ones Honey interior tho !

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Like a precious coin: rarity is one thing (low mileage), and condition is the other. I bought a Scrambler some years ago with only 42K miles on it. Problem was they were slow speed, hard working miles. . .engine, trans, steering, front end, body all worse than a well cared for 200K mile car. Not that many 85s or nice honey interiors or so low mileage Scramblers. I think it should be professionally detailed and serviced and make sure everything functions as it should, and then try for the higher bucks.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I was coming here to let y'all know it was for sale, but it appears that the news has broke... He has decided that its in the best interest of the truck to go somewhere/someone who can truly take care/restore it. The old man would prefer to have one he could drive around, instead of feeling guilty of putting miles on something like this. Truck is still available.
You should never feel guilty enjoying something you own. These things were made to be driven, not placed in a museum. All vehicles should be used as originally intended, even those that only get touched by diapers. :twocents: YMMV

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
I think it should be professionally detailed and serviced and make sure everything functions as it should, and then try for the higher bucks.
Definitely agree here. It's more than fully priced considering the risk of the paint not coming back after even the best detailing. Then, you have to sort through the mechanical side and detail that engine bay. Finally, all sorts of cosmetic touch-ups (re-condition or repaint trim like the spare tire support brackets, hood catches, door handles, wheels, etc.). There is a lot to do here before it can be presented as a sub-2,000 mile "showroom" Jeep. Then, it's still a brown base (but well-optioned) Scrambler. Granted it's a 1985 and has 1,200 miles.

Don't get me wrong, this is a well found treasure and will be worth the money when detailed/fixed. I made an offer on it the first week but it included the cushion to do all that stuff just to get it in range of the asking price. :P Somebody will scoop this up soon, and if they do it right, they can keep it in their collection or sell and ask for a ton.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Best of luck with the sale. Short of the seller reporting back the sale and selling price or the new owner jumping in to post about it, I'd suggest that we need to keep speculation and rumor reporting off of this thread. That's not keeping with the nature of this forum.

There is a lot to do here before it can be presented as a sub-2,000 mile "showroom" Jeep. Then, it's still a brown base (but well-optioned) Scrambler. Granted it's a 1985 and has 1,200 miles.
That's where I differ from so many folks, there's no way anything on this would ever see paint, regardless of the selling price.

If you do all of that, it's not a "showroom" Jeep, it's another restored Jeep like many others have done. Sure, fewer things would need to be done/touched, but as soon as you start in with repainting/replacing more than cleaning/buffing you're changing categories from a survivor to a restoration IMO :shrug:

I get that the folks that want to spend this kind of money will think I'm :crazy:

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Congrats. Seeing it disappear over the horizon is a good and crappy feeling all at the same time.

IMG_0773(1).jpg

big daddy

Basic User
City
Ooltewah
State
TN
I've seen bumperettes on Scramblers over the years, but I didn't think they were a factory option. I had assumed the ones I'd seen were aftermarket or pulled from a CJ7. Does anyone know how common bumperettes were on Scramblers from the factory?