• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Times They Are A Changin'

So that is how those 2 small people in my house got there... always was curious about that... now as for Eric, I suspect that the post was on April 1st for a reason ;)

cb

Haha. You got it. I even had texts from people congratulating me and asking when and which jeeps the sale was gonna be. I'll tell ya, kids and/or marriage gets a bad wrap with thinking like that. . Who says you gotta sell your stuff. Some handbook on child rearing 101 ? Sigh. ?
 
Congratulations Jambo! LOL
See you at Swap Meet this weekend?

I'm not in the best of shape, health-wise. But I may try and make a brief appearance Friday or Sunday.
 
Haha. You got it. I even had texts from people congratulating me and asking when and which jeeps the sale was gonna be. I'll tell ya, kids and/or marriage gets a bad wrap with thinking like that. . Who says you gotta sell your stuff. Some handbook on child rearing 101 ? Sigh. ?

For me, it was just the realization that I wouldn't ever get to some of these projects for a while, if ever. As tough as it was to let them go they were better off being restored and loved by the next guy or gal. I have three more to let go then I'll stop, even though I have another purchase lined up already. So I guess it will really never stop
 
Having a child does not change your passions, just rearranges your priorities. (And limits your available time for them)
 
Having a child does not change your passions, just rearranges your priorities. (And limits your available time for them)

So I decided to take this to heart as I now have identical twin baby girls on the way. Some passions may become memories as my priorities are being laid down in front of me like train tracks. Going from no kids to three kids in two years has definitely been a game changer In the best ways possible.
 
Congratulations!
I can relate. It’s a total roller coaster ride. My third,(out of 4) Will be leaving for college in August. Three in college and my youngest going into high school. Where did the time go?
 
It is an amazing journey, but yes, it definitely sorts out what is important and what you "need" to do vs. what you "want" to do for the next decade or so...

cb
 
So I decided to take this to heart as I now have identical twin baby girls on the way. Some passions may become memories as my priorities are being laid down in front of me like train tracks. Going from no kids to three kids in two years has definitely been a game changer In the best ways possible.
Sounds like all you need to do is license all those Jeeps in Mississippi now !
 
Kids never really leave your life. They get bigger and older, then multiply and you end up with more little ones, that you think are yours and really are in a way, because they started off from you anyways. Seriously though, there is nothing more important thing a human can do besides raise our children the best we can. Be honest with them and be fare with them and if you need to be firm or hard on them, please explain to them why first. You don't have to be thier best friends as they grow up, that comes later. They'll understand and appreciate you for it when and if they have children. God bless you on twin girls though. Man you have your hands full. ?
 
Congratulations!

Twice the joys and more.
 
I was bumping into walls for a while when my wife told me we were having twins but they're 10th graders now and it's been the greatest time of my life with my sons. The only downside is that they grow up and fly on their own! Masscj2a is right they will always be ours but trust me the time flies by and you have to grab hold of every minute good and bad. We already had a 2 year old boy so it was 3 running around and I wouldn't give a thing back. Congratulations and God bless!
 
Congratulations ! Best thing in life. Mine is going off to college hopefully this fall, but you never know these days. Time flys, enjoy the ride.
 
Here's my twins Michael and Joshua with the scrambler. They're twice this size now!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190518_131843167.jpg
    IMG_20190518_131843167.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top