• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

Finished that 8274 today. Turned out nice.

20190323_203951.jpg

Then went to install my new steering but it was cut too short. Half the thread length is unused.

20190323_204049.jpg
 
Decided to start cleaning up the cage I bought from a local 8 guy last year. May have it installed for Sand Hollow.

20190405_213141.jpg20190406_103324.jpg
 
Finally got around to altering some MTS control cables to look a little more like OEM;

1.jpgAlso seemed like a good time to replace the tach.
 

Attachments

  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Finally got around to altering some MTS control cables to look a little more like OEM;

View attachment 72459Also seemed like a good time to replace the tach.

Nicely done. That's been my big hang-up about replacing factory pulls. How exactly did you get the pattern printed off?
 
I work in a print shop :thumbsup: Printed on adhesive vinyl stock and laminated for durability.
Tricky part is punching them out centered. I used a .75" leather punch and "eyeballed" them for position (about a 50% reject rate for the few I did).
 
I work in a print shop :thumbsup: Printed on adhesive vinyl stock and laminated for durability.
Tricky part is punching them out centered. I used a .75" leather punch and "eyeballed" them for position (about a 50% reject rate for the few I did).
Would you consider selling sheets? It's one thing keeping me from buying the MTS pulls too. And you painted the "trim" ring, I'm guessing?
 
I'm stripping some Dana 44 front brake caliper brackets and saving them for possible future rear disc brakes on my 60–2

pypeve8y-1.jpg


Removed ball joints from Dana 44 flat top knuckles and listed them on eBay

je5eseru-1.jpg

How much for the knuckles?
 
Would you consider selling sheets? It's one thing keeping me from buying the MTS pulls too. And you painted the "trim" ring, I'm guessing?
Yes I painted the base with "silver" paint as chrome plating would be a major PITA.

I'd be happy to mail some of my leftover decals if you PM me an address. I don't have any left with lamination, but Kinkos or OfficeMax can do that for a few $.
 
Yes I painted the base with "silver" paint as chrome plating would be a major PITA.

I'd be happy to mail some of my leftover decals if you PM me an address. I don't have any left with lamination, but Kinkos or OfficeMax can do that for a few $.
Is it possible to get the "print ready" file to have some made locally?
Thanks.
 
Back
Top