• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
We have threads that are about beer, scotch, cigars, what you did to your rig, etc., so i was thinking about the workbenches when I was cleaning mine off last night... Got a lot of things cleared off as I want to start the Lomax 4:1 kit on the D300 and realized I had to take some wheel weights off as well as the valve stems so I can get the wheels blasted and powder coated.

So, what are you working on your benches?

Mine also kind of bled onto the floor a bit as I ran out of room!

0214141850.jpg
0214141851.jpg

cb

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
I'm gonna like this thread !!
My stuff is on the bench , floor
I need shelves !
Waiting for warmer weather to clear the clearcoat off these rims to sell on eBay
I'm stripping a Waggoneer Dana 44 right now and various other projects

ape5ydy2-1.jpg

Started on one , but was too cold
heby2u2e-1.jpg

Should finish this up today
Flattop knuckles
ese7etu7-1.jpg

Automatic hub parts, should I just throw these away
4y6u7e9y-1.jpg

And some 44 spring plates
uga2umes-1.jpg

SHLTR2

Island Jeeper
Lifetime Member
City
Drummond Island
State
MI
Benches...

Also have a D44 going back together - I do need locking hubs, tho, don't throw those away yet! And the tire carrier project and a winch project on the "extra" workbench.
IMG-20140215-01189.jpg
IMG-20140215-01188.jpg
Maybe these should be in the "Man Cave" thread... Kind of cavernous in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Well , they are not manual hubs
They are fixed hubs from a quadratrac. !
Save those... They're drive slugs, as in no lock-out feature. Clean up a set and throw it in your trail box. If you ever blow a hub you can use one of those. It's the same as having a hub in the lock position.

Or just carry a spare lock-out hub.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Polishing up some chrome center caps.
I love that they are shiny enough to reflect the table top imperrections.

I can't type tonight...

cb

IMG_5592.jpg

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
Cb,

What do you use to polish those? I was working on a set earlier today using aluminum foil and 0000 steel wool. Also, what can I put on OEM chrome wheels and center caps to prevent re-occurrence?

Chip

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
To be honest, those caps were like 7 years old and there were tons of dust on them and some old brake dust... I used Orange cleaner and some windex for the most part. spit and polish and a lot of elbow grease. When they were "clean", some chrome polish. And I still have miles to go with these as they are good, but can be cleaned up a lot more.

cb

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Warn 8274 parts, gun stuff, etc. this is the "clean" bench in my office. In the shop I have some portable benches, covered with a bit of everything...
apu4y3yq-1.jpg
ubyzy9eq-1.jpg

2, proofread and cleared by the NSA.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Magbul Industries Calendar. http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG914/124 This years is pretty tame. Normally I get a Jeep calendar for Christmas, but not this year. Here's February, you're on your own for the rest. Unless this thread requires monthly updates...

u4yhujuj-1.jpg

2, proofread and cleared by the NSA.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
That picture reminds me of the tv show "v" ..but I dont think she eat parakeets? Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
I'm stripping some Dana 44 front brake caliper brackets and saving them for possible future rear disc brakes on my 60–2

pypeve8y-1.jpg

Removed ball joints from Dana 44 flat top knuckles and listed them on eBay

je5eseru-1.jpg

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
The raccoon story is a whole 'nother thread. I'll just say 3 raccoons took over my garage one weekend when I wasn't home and not one of them lived to tell the story.