• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Sorry, I had the file on my work computer and it got deleted.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I gave up the Jeeps, I'm a Honda man now LOL. Selling Tiffany's '98 Civic, replacing the VTEC o-rings:

IMG_20190511_091527549_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190511_094200310.jpg

Apparently, red RTV will not work to fix cracked/dried out rubber o-ring thingies LOL

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Actually on the work bench last night... the garage was freezing cold and the temperature outside was 80, so when I opened up the doors, it got all sorts of wet/damp/humid at the same time... got to love this time of the year.

Anyway, this reminded me somewhat of a MM picture and I had a good laugh. the camera lens seems to have gotten the moisture effect somewhat.

20190520_182939_resized.jpg

cb

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
20190601_144810.jpg20190601_144759.jpg1986 258 4 speed. Pretty clean for a SE PA Jeep. Plans right now are fix it up a little and sell in fall for profit. Not sure if that will happen. Will start a build thread even though I don't plan on doing much to it. It drove pretty good 40 miles home reaching 67 mph not scared doing it. First thing are wiper blade, lower column bearing, master cylinder gasket, and dimmer switch all should be here tomorrow. Then state inspection, only had 52 miles since it was last done in August 2017.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
It is, frame is super clean, its not all rusted and flakely like my last all original 85 CJ7 I sold that had 46,000 miles on it. Clean garnet back seat and wing window dash pad with no damage. Thinking about selling the pad and rims to offset help offset the purchase price.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Well not Jeep related technicially, but the hauler that gets em all was a bit sick... one bearing was going out and the other one was seizing up... felt like it was stuck in 4wd with pulsing in the steering and a lot of strange brake like noises... all set now, drives like a dream.

Also threw in a new air filter and checked the pressures... rolls so much nicer now.

20190612_174526_resized.jpg

While this was going on, I am still working on the latest project and getting it dialed in... was checking all the lights and it was cool to see an all original dash with the blue lights that all matched unlike a lot of my other ones... picture doesn't do it justice.

20190612_180952_resized.jpg

Also, all the gauges work... I know... I know, hard to believe :)

cb

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Often times it's the neglected trailers you see on the side of the road be it boat, car or landscape. Well spent time!