• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Picked up the first of the earlier end caps yesterday. The foundry carved the sand out to make it a one point sprue instead of a three point sprue. So now I've started modifying the pattern to reflect that change. Less work or him, less cost to make.
IMG_0001.JPG

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Not quite the work bench, but the current project...

I'm working on the rear axle to find the source of an annoying squeak. I haven't worked on the Scout 44 in years and didn't realize how much of a unicorn it has become. What started as a brake job might just turn into a disc brake upgrade for about the same cost.

20200607_125526.jpg

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Picked this one up yesterday. Popped up on Facebook nearby for $150 and I jumped on it. Bonus that it was an SE winch.

It does need a new freespool assembly and will need new wires, cable, and a solenoid (I'll probably do an Albright style contactor)

Attachments

• 8724.jpg
    8724.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 21

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
An actual workbench photo...

Trying to breathe life back into the Laredo specific pieces... and the dashpad (not shown as it is on the CJ-9 truck frame and not the bench).

20200617_183641_resized.jpg

Jeep is coming apart OK... just fighting me along the way as expected due to the rust.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
The left one has a little damage from the exhaust... which is where it should be... the right one has an exhaust cutout and that makes little sense.
It is a 6 cylinder 1984 Laredo that was relatively all original

Stock exhaust still on it that exited out the left side... so... why does it need a cutout on the right side?

Someone went out for a liquid lunch on a Friday and cut the wrong one? New guy on the line? who knows?

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Mud flaps were on a dual exhaust Jeep at one time.

Perhaps... but this was all original hardware that didn't want to come off and the fender flares were drilled with the correct hardware... so not sure really... I would say they are original to the Jeep as it was a Laredo with all the goodies, but anything is possible.

I tried to get the front's off and that is gonna take some time.

cb

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Perhaps... but this was all original hardware that didn't want to come off and the fender flares were drilled with the correct hardware... so not sure really... I would say they are original to the Jeep as it was a Laredo with all the goodies, but anything is possible.

I tried to get the front's off and that is gonna take some time.

cb
Maybe it was just what the dealer had on hand for a buyer's request?