• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Speaking as a 6'6" guy, tall counters and work benches are fantastic. I built my bench tall too. Even our new kitchen is 3"taller. Even our shorter friends like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_092639_01.jpg
    IMG_20230104_092639_01.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 23

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
This is good stuff. My son is coming up on moving into his new barndominium. 48’ x 36’ with 14’ ceiling downstairs. He’s going to have to build work benches from scratch, blank page.5FD038A8-5F4A-4255-8D6A-4A6887459974.jpeg

83CJ-8

Trying to catch up
Gold Member
Silver Member
City
Lewes
State
DE
Drivers side door handle decided to stop working.
Remove, Beat with hammer, Reinstalled,
Now she will last until the new one shows up.8D5BA709-BC5D-4339-90A1-F25B870D47AF.png

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I saw your other post first but clearly not 1970s car! Into the scrap pile that one goes :(

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
2013 Toyota Tundra 4.6L V8, 106,000 miles.

Multiple cylinder misfire code, and cylinder specific codes on 2,6, and 8. Changed out the original plugs for a new set, good to go.

20230221_092344_HDR.jpg

The Tundra is nowhere near as bad as those Ford Triton V8 bastards!!! But, still took about 3 hours to change 8 plugs, clean the mass air flow sensor, and throttle body. Runs great again, no codes. Original plugs looked wore out.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Stihl MS361 chain saw:

20230224_170348_HDR.jpg

Finally got my replacement part, it was fun trying to track down why it was leaning out and would not hold a tune:

20230224_170856.jpg

20230224_171055.jpg

Runs like a champ now!!! Cut down three stumps with it to test it out, definitely much more powerful then my 250 or 290!!!!!!

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Is it set for winter or summer air induction? I asked sombody that once and they looked at me like I was an idiot. I showed them and they felt like the idiot.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Is it set for winter or summer air induction? I asked sombody that once and they looked at me like I was an idiot. I showed them and they felt like the idiot.
Definitely summer. I don't think I have ever had to move that deflector piece down here 😆

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
The Tundra is nowhere near as bad as those Ford Triton V8 bastards!!! But, still took about 3 hours to change 8 plugs, clean the mass air flow sensor, and throttle body. Runs great again, no codes. Original plugs looked wore out.
Oh! You mean the spark plugs that snap off when you are removing them due to carbon buildup? Been there...done that....and have the special removal tool... PIA for sure!

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Oh! You mean the spark plugs that snap off when you are removing them due to carbon buildup? Been there...done that....and have the special removal tool... PIA for sure!
Yep, got the two tools for the Ford, sucks. The one I worked on had the original plugs. After having 3 break/come apart, learned a trick:

Get one plug/coil pack ready to pull. Start engine and get it hot. Immediately shut off and pull plug. The last 5 came out no issues. I had to change this Ford's plugs the other day, did them one at a time with a hot engine, all 8 came out with no drama!!

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Yep, got the two tools for the Ford, sucks. The one I worked on had the original plugs. After having 3 break/come apart, learned a trick:

Get one plug/coil pack ready to pull. Start engine and get it hot. Immediately shut off and pull plug. The last 5 came out no issues. I had to change this Ford's plugs the other day, did them one at a time with a hot engine, all 8 came out with no drama!!
I only changed the plugs once on our Expedition wit the 5.4 engine. Luckily I learned about the issue before trying to pull the plugs. I got 7 out cleanly but the 8th broke. And it was, of course, in the worst position to work on. I used the impact wrench method I saw somewhere. Warmed it up and hit it with the impact. The removal tool got the last one out. Then, about 4 months later, my then 17 year old son totaled the Expedition by rear ending a stopped Prius. So I won't need to deal with those plugs ever again.