• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Bringing An(other) Overlander Back Home II

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
How does that happen if you own it and have contracted the shipping to the US?
Shipping contractor was in contact with the seller arranging a quote and he offered a higher price for it. It took me awhile to finally get it out of the seller as to what occurred.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Glad to see the original rims on there. Are those new tires, or were you able to get the rims swapped out?

Not sure which is worse, working the long range logistics or waiting for them to be executed.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Logistics ended up being my nightmare. Man, I still want one.

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
Glad to see the original rims on there. Are those new tires, or were you able to get the rims swapped out?

Andrew had the original rims on roller tires, but they wouldn't hold air. Plus, we couldn't put them in the back for RORO shipping. He mounted the 33" tires that were on it on the original rims. The tires will work fine for shipping. Once it gets here, I will decide on new tires or not. This one has a little lift on it compared to the blue one. I put factory size 235 Goodyear Radials on blue, but will go with a bigger tire for Big Red.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
That's a beaut. Can't wait till it gets here and you can take LOTS of pics to post here for us.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I know I might get flamed, but I kinda like the non-original black rims.

3A8CDB31-2C61-47A7-A52A-066504E22DE0.jpeg

Also, what is with the rats nest of wires under the dash?

E1D5844E-21EC-45CC-8DDC-14F10ADD828C.jpeg

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
Also, what is with the rats nest of wires under the dash?

Not sure, it looks like that was the remnants of the radio wiring. That was a pre-Andrew picture, and it looks like he either cleaned that up or tucked it away!

Reactions: SKT