• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Cj-8 Hot Wheels and Matchbox

My son-in-law just found me one at Walmart where he works. He's in Southern California. It is the brown 1982 one.
 
That's funny. The retail on these is $0.99. :) Why would someone go through all the hassle of listing it on eBay, paying the fees, and dealing with shipping only to make a buck or two?

Craig

I guess so a person can get them quicker. I checked at local Walmart, Kmart and they don't have them and don't know when they'll get them.
 
WOW! 3 New Scramblers for Me....

For the great price of $0.97 each, I got 3 at Wally World today. All are the same copper color. It says on the back they're "BORN: 1980", so they must be pre-production models, and that it was designed by Chryser LLC.
 
That's funny. The retail on these is $0.99. :) Why would someone go through all the hassle of listing it on eBay, paying the fees, and dealing with shipping only to make a buck or two?

Craig

So that they... uhm... I... don't have to drive all over town hunting down toy cars ;) Been there, done it... So, I bought four of the Scramblers from the EBay guy. Factor in time, fuel... I'd have paid $5.00 a piece ;)
 
Picked up 2 at Target today here in San Antonio. The back of mine says the same thing JohnN wrote...man that is poor attention to detail.:mad:

Truck
 
Has anyone found any in a color other than copper?
 
Picked up 2 at Target today here in San Antonio. The back of mine says the same thing JohnN wrote...man that is poor attention to detail.:mad:

Truck

oooh...I'll have to check Target today!!
 
My entire case is copper. If there was an assortment of colors, there would have been a mix of them in my case. I'm 99% certain of it.

Craig
 
I ordered one from an eBay seller, didn't find any in a local store.

Of course I'll have to make a World Cab for it so it resembles my Overlander :)

Jeff
 
After checking out a couple of different stores, I was about to resort to Ebay myself.
Last resort was a different Walmart, next town over in Salem, NH.

I walked in a little dejected, with thoughts like...maybe they're not selling these in New England, maybe I will have to spend the extra money and buy one on Ebay.

I found the Hot Wheels isle...two Scramblers staring me in the face.:D

I found one more and bought the 3 of them. .90 cents each!!:cool:
 
Guys, there is a foolproof way to be certain you'll find the Scramblers in the store:
1. Pessimistically tell yourself, "My stores never have the good stuff, the RC cars, Matchboxes, etc.
2. Order the Matchbox Scramblers online - feel pretty smug that you got them while they're still available and think of the gas and time saved!
3. Go to any Target, Walmart for something else (like an LCD TV wall mount) and remember on the way out - as you're passing the toy isle - to confirm Step 2. was brilliant.
4. Rummage through the 5 copper colored Scramblers on the rack - the front of the rack(s) - looking for a different color... different from the 3 you bought online... ;)
 
i got 2 at the local wallieworld the other day... now i wish i could find a YJ but not sure they made them
 
My Wallmart is pretty lame...checked twice, no Scramblers. About to go the EBay route...
 
I got mine in the mail today, from Ebay 4.50 shipped. Bubble had been smashed in shipping so I opened it and let my son play with it. Once he gets tired of it I am going to paint it to match the color mine is going to be (narrowed down to two colors now, and will give it the black top). I will get more, bribed my 10 year old to find and buy all that he can. Looks pretty cool though, matches the original color on my 8 right now.
 
Has anyone found any in a color other than copper?

They almost never introduce more than one color at a time. If they do another color, it won't be for months.

I found two this morning at Walmart. I really don't like the wheels they put on this one, but luckily I have a few old ones with the RoughRiders.
I also grabbed another orange VW Thing by Matchbox while I was there, now I need to search for MB's 1968 Land Cruiser.
 
Sweet!

Hey Guys,
I was out at lunch yesterday and I decided to run a couple of errands. I stopped in the Super HEB to pick up some coffee for the office. I had a coworker with me. As we were checking out my coworker noticed a big hotwheels display. He asked if I wanted to look through them for the Scrambler. I told him I was tired of wasting my time I am a grown man I do not need to be digging through toy cars. He promptly walked over grabbed three Scramblers and tossed them onto the checkout counter. :DI was like a kid at a candy store!
 
Back
Top