• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Craigslist and Estate Sale finds!

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Use either aircraft stripper or a furniture stripper. It will crackle, pop and wrinkle up as it deteriorates. Use a scrub brush and water to remove it then go from there with 0000 steel wool on bad areas and wax 'em up!

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Picked up some 40x17 Milestar Patigonia's couple weeks back to run as a secondary set on my crawler Scrambler.
20220211_135400.jpg

So then needed to find another set of wheels, these happen to come with a set of Toyo 37x17's
Seller said maybe a 100 miles on these. Pretty sure they were never off-roaded as they do look new.
20220211_112125.jpg
20220211_135343.jpg

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Got me some good solid beater YJ seats.

I run Bestop covers on my seats, and I have a couple that are a little spongy from the frames rusting inside the seat after being rained in for decades, so any time I see cheap OEM CJ or YJ seats I snag them.

Bonus was, the guy had a fold and tumble rear seat that wasn't pictured, but was part of the deal Both the fronts has sliders on them too. I came out out pretty good for $50

Attachments

• seats.JPG
    seats.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 15

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Had a Warn 9.5XP motor pop up on Amazon warehouse deal. $146 listed as "like new".

I figured with Amazon's return policy, why not.

Annnnnnd of course, UPS lost it.

Last tracking update was Friday morning last week in Columbia SC.

It went from Texas, to LR, to Memphis (I live between Memphis and LR) and then to SC where it disappeared...…

Boo.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Had a Warn 9.5XP motor pop up on Amazon warehouse deal. $146 listed as "like new".

I figured with Amazon's return policy, why not.

Annnnnnd of course, UPS lost it.

Last tracking update was Friday morning last week in Columbia SC.

It went from Texas, to LR, to Memphis (I live between Memphis and LR) and then to SC where it disappeared...…

Boo.
They probably thought it did not have a serial number and were doing their civic duty to destroy it, new policy and all. :evil:

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
They probably thought it did not have a serial number and were doing their civic duty to destroy it, new policy and all. :evil:
No kidding. At least it's a monetary loss for Amazon, and likely UPS as well......

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
No kidding. At least it's a monetary loss for Amazon, and likely UPS as well......
I’ve tried to purchase a couple items that were “like new” from Amazon. They have either been “damaged in shipping and returned prior to delivery” or lost.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I’ve tried to purchase a couple items that were “like new” from Amazon. They have either been “damaged in shipping and returned prior to delivery” or lost.
I got lucky, I bought my LJ replacement top off Amazon, "like new/returned/not original packaging", for like $300 :eek::woot: