• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gazzo's Down-under CJ thread

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
So a little ray of sunshine burst through the clouds today and I got the green light to go pay the license for Farmtruk and I'd get my plates. Well with much excitement and exuberance I fled down to the DoT (at 3:20 on a Friday arvo no less), waited only 5 minutes for my number to come up then went to the counter. The Princess looks at me then at my form and spits "where the proof of ownership, the receipt?" OMFG!!!!!! Can't believe I got shot down at the final hurdle by some low level bureaucratic BS. Walked out with yet another fail.
Plan from here? Drive tomorrow 1.5hours to the original owner (luckily I connected with him as soon as I found his name in the glove box) and he will give me the "receipt" so I can go ahead and deliver it with much pomp and ceremony first thing Monday morning.
In the words of one Mr C Brown.....GOOD GRIEF!!!!

I am very BLESSED to have the good fortune to put a smile on all the DMV employees when I visit them. They return my smile and everyone else just glares at me. Smiles seem to help quite a bit. Even when I forget MY bill of sale . :wave:

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
That may be something I missed but i was certainly happy enough when I approached the counter.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I can't even remember the last time I was at the DMV in Louisiana. Just do it on line with credit card. Big brother just wants the money

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I can't even remember the last time I was at the DMV in Louisiana. Just do it on line with credit card. Big brother just wants the money
Yes we do have it easy here in Louisiana. I even got my lifetime Concealed Carry Permit online.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
But how happy were you when you left the counter?

[emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji27][emoji27][emoji27]

In other news....
Today I bow before thee, Jeep Gods, in that ye may judge me. For a have committed cardinal sin and NOT KEPT AN EYE ON THE OIL LEVEL IN MY WAGON. It has been making a bit of intermittent subtle tick tick ticking from the bottom end over the last couple months ( two or three short drives). Today I thought I'd check the dipstick......barely a drop but still giving 40psi on the gauge. I think I have a 258 dipstick in the 360 since it can be felt deflecting along the bottom when pushed fully into the tube. 6 litres of oil and a new filter later and I have (luckily) a quiet engine again and a high tide mark about 1" above FULL which I'm ok with since it will soon bleed down to the right level.

My goodness what a putz! I got less than one litre out of the drain hole.

Flame on lads.....

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Ding ding ding ding ding!!!!!!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467000396.617080.jpg

Wife reckons GBD stands for Great Big Donk with donk being 'Strayan for engine ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467000497.589291.jpg

The Buzzcutter

Basic User
City
Brisbane
State
QL
By the way in reference to your ausjeep post about all the J Trucks coming up at once it appears we are now entering the era of the pointy nose 😜

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
By the way in reference to your ausjeep post about all the J Trucks coming up at once it appears we are now entering the era of the pointy nose [emoji12]

Good! They're on my radar.

Thanks for the encouragement folks.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Because I don't want to break my own rule in the Any Pictures thread here is that army JK concept "Salute". I like itImageUploadedByTapatalk1468715387.804328.jpg

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
And then this done showed urp fer sale near me...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469011372.249696.jpg
Is that a real Stepside tub?

Edit: it is a real step side and he says it tilts! Although I'd never use that.

Last edited: