• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gladiator

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
If anyone cares I can do a build thread on mine. 2” lift and 37s. Tow with it at least once a week. Front winch. Rear winch hookup etc. it flat out works for my needs. I am also very open minded and will call out the faults / ah ha moments I have had with it. Owned for 4 months and have 7k on it with almost 1200 miles of towing CJs and classic muscle cars with it

02A79451-6074-403A-B2D5-3D93C4CDE388.jpeg

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
I'm interested...I will be looking for a new survey truck in a few years and likely will consider a Gladiator...unless I go all retro and finish my willys wagon!

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I’m interested too. Been on the fence for several years on getting a JK then JL and now JT. I have a Tundra that I would keep for ‘heavy’ towing, but would like something that can tow my small utility trailer (3k lbs) and my wake boat (6k lbs). Would really like a manual, but that makes the tow ratings abysmal.

I have not test driven one out of fear I will buy one.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
The $33,000 "Base" model at the local dealership had a bunch of options on it, total cost was $45,000.

I looked at it again when I was picking my LJ up from its 120,000 mile service. I looked at it again a few days later, when I stopped by the dealership to make sure I put the right anti freeze in my LJ after the OEM upper radiator hose blew out.

Changed the two radiator hoses, two heater hoses, and serpentine belt out on my LJ in about 1.5 hours. Not sure I could do that in a Gladiator?

45k is way too rich for my cheap a$$. Probably hang on to my LJ until the wheels fall off. Then, I'll probably just replace the wheel/axle bearings :D

I do like that silver Gladiator. Not knocking just Jeep, might just be my cheap butt, but all new cars and trucks cost way too much. That, or I'm just too cheap. That, and I have been going backward in price on my new vehicles. Paid 27k for my brand new 05 Rubicon. 8 years, 165,000 miles later, I traded it and 7k for my 05 LJ Rubicon that only had 20k miles on it. At this rate, my next new vehicle might be a Kia/Hyundai/Daiwoo!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: SKT

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
The more electrical, the greater chance of a problem. Simple is good . . . like Jeeps used to be.

Ornj Krush

City
Lake Country
State
BC
And so they begin? No price on it and closed today. Looks okay but somehow seems like an intrusion.....!20191027_092229.jpg20191027_092215.jpg

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
A dealer near me shows one of these in it's latest commercial.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Started a build on one this week for a return customer. Lots more to come. Stage 1 included EVO 4.5” with King Remote Reservoirs. 40” NITTO Mud Graps on 17” Fuel beadlocks. Dwarfs mine with MOPAR 2” and 37s

895B689D-E5BE-4491-9BEF-70A6F576E3CC.jpeg0FDD6CBA-8769-4FBF-B206-4291609AA4B2.jpeg9197E847-CDE9-4179-8DCC-8C227ED1CD8A.jpeg6796BD28-8167-40D2-9AC3-BA88AFFBF2C9.jpeg16E647B8-24BA-46BB-A9D2-E5C7A865034E.jpeg

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Started a build on one this week for a return customer. Lots more to come. Stage 1 included EVO 4.5” with King Remote Reservoirs. 40” NITTO Mud Graps on 17” Fuel beadlocks. Dwarfs mine with MOPAR 2” and 37s
How is the performance on yours now that you've increased the tire size?
Have you done any engine/exhaust changes or see the need for any?
Asking for a friend. :rolleyes:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Anybody have experience with the 6 speed manual in a Gladiator? I might go look at one to see if it would make a fun DD.

To me auto = hohum, manual = fun.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC

Superchips tuner to correct speedo/OD and trans shift points. Other than that nothing done. Factory 4.10s as well. It drives and tows really well. No complaints actually.

The JTs are programmed differently than the JLs. FCA truly considers them a truck with so much design taken after the Ram. My wife’s DD is a JLU Rubicon so I was easily able to compare them side by side when both on 35s and 4.10s. I also have a programmer in hers. Times where I’d feel the JL is a tad sluggish the JT feels great.

I tow quite a bit with mine.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Anybody have experience with the 6 speed manual in a Gladiator? I might go look at one to see if it would make a fun DD.

To me auto = hohum, manual = fun.

no first hand experience but just a note that the same outfitted JT but with manual trans is only rated at 4500 towing.