• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gladiator

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I hope you were able to talk them down from MSRP...at least to somewhere around invoice.
I think that I did well...they were 10 for $10 and I only bought one for $1.00.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Amazing that they can design, build, ship & handle, sell and profit for a $1. Even with slave labor in chinee.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Amazing that they can design, build, ship & handle, sell and profit for a $1. Even with slave labor in chinee.
I have wondered that about many things sold in this country, like most everything in a Dollar Store/Dollar Zone kinda store

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
What will be more amazing (frightening) is what they can do when they really want to do something :twocents:

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Those of you wanting the diesel version pay particular attention to the performance specs if you haven't already. Unless you are just a diesel fan I see so reason at all to go the diesel route - especially with the lower towing and payload. However if you are just wanting a Jeep with a truck bed with no plans to haul anything over 6klbs then maybe go that route.

EDIT - for some background

Sold my JT Rubicon (rated higher in towing ability than the diesel option) about 3 weeks ago. 18 months and 21k miles later. JT Rubicon. 37s and geared 5.13s, trailer brake kit, programmer. Loved it. Why did I sell???

It’s an awesome JEEP that complimented my Scramblers very well but it is a mediocre truck. I towed quit a bit around the 6k range including the trailer. It did it just fine but not like a full size.

For a year and a half I kept telling myself it was enough but in the end it wasn’t.

If my opinion matters - if you want an awesome JEEP that you can throw some pine straw bales in the back, a couple mountain bikes or kayaks - anything else that you see a Tacoma do - get the Gladiator and don’t look back.

If you need a Truck and think a JEEP with a truck bed will suffice - you’re wrong. Hell that's one of the main reasons the Scrambler was ultimately a failure.

My honest feedback after selling a full size, buying a Gladiator, then going back full size.

Last edited:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Spent a lot of time thinking about needing a truck that got acceptable fuel economy and could still tow decently. My wife actually called the Gladiator useless. ? But then she said if I ever wanted to go to a National or Jeep Beach we would need a real truck. Drove this home. 2011 2500 with L96 6.0 and 6 speed. It’s a beast. 0CAC7B64-D0C8-4199-9071-183A3B0857D4.jpeg

ajayla

City
Long Beach
State
CA
Spent a lot of time thinking about needing a truck that got acceptable fuel economy and could still tow decently. My wife actually called the Gladiator useless. ? But then she said if I ever wanted to go to a National or Jeep Beach we would need a real truck. Drove this home. 2011 2500 with L96 6.0 and 6 speed. It’s a beast. View attachment 90680
Nice truck, that's best when you need one to get things done.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Spent a lot of time thinking about needing a truck that got acceptable fuel economy and could still tow decently. My wife actually called the Gladiator useless. ? But then she said if I ever wanted to go to a National or Jeep Beach we would need a real truck. Drove this home. 2011 2500 with L96 6.0 and 6 speed. It’s a beast. View attachment 90680
She's a beauty. But what happened to the blue 96'?