• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My Big Red Scrambler

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I will have to change the wheels as there is to much back spacing and the tires are hitting the springs at full lock. I need to find a set of wheels with less back spacing so that the tires set out away from the body more.

Sorry to hear it but IMO this has a massive silver lining--I have never been able to get with the look of those wheels on any Jeep. The front lockouts just stick out SO far and the "lugnut circle" just looks unfinished to me. Don't mean to criticize, just a personal taste thing, but I can't wait to see what you swap in :cheers:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Sorry to hear it but IMO this has a massive silver lining--I have never been able to get with the look of those wheels on any Jeep. The front lockouts just stick out SO far and the "lugnut circle" just looks unfinished to me. Don't mean to criticize, just a personal taste thing, but I can't wait to see what you swap in :cheers:

No criticizem taken. I’ve been looking at the same thing.
Your not going to like what I put on there though. It’s probably going to be h2 wheels just like the other set I have down stairs with the Krawlers on them.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
No criticizem taken. I’ve been looking at the same thing.
Your not going to like what I put on there though. It’s probably going to be h2 wheels just like the other set I have down stairs with the Krawlers on them.

Doh! :rotfl:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Got some metal bent up to make a switch box for the arb controls. Going to put this over the radio holes in the dash similar to what I did on dads Jeep.
Also got the front drive shaft in and tried to flex it some. Looks like everything is going to clear.
8A63950B-188A-4F8D-9167-632CC664217F.jpeg95D7D569-9B3C-4B3B-976C-7DF7F14476BC.jpeg

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Beat it till it breaks and then beat it for breaking:headbang:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Lowered the seat brackets 2” yesterday.
Fixed driver bracket is pretty easy.
The flip forward passenger side not some much. Not sure if I’m sold on it yet. 05223864-01BE-41ED-A572-4AE6B5B94D41.jpegDBC11DF8-B8E3-4D35-9AE5-4CF122B93990.jpeg

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Didn’t get a pic but the cage came back out yesterday evening to get final welding and painted