• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Official CJ-8.com Forum Lurker Intro Thread!

Minnow

City
Waterloo
State
Il
You are most certainly not a lurker, no worries there man. :)

It's the "long time listener, first time caller", folks that come here to read and never, or rarely post up.

I just want more friends to play with (and more pictures of course :D)

FOR EXAMPLE: there's 35 views of this thread and three posts by two people. Cmon! Post away!!
I live Waterloo Illinois,my first vehicle was a 82 cj7 I’ve owned many jeeps since then,I’ve just finished a 15 month ground up restoration on a 84 cj8

Minnow

City
Waterloo
State
Il

Attachments

• 336AB759-E198-4B8B-BCE4-B2F855AE9CA3.jpeg
    336AB759-E198-4B8B-BCE4-B2F855AE9CA3.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 576A6BB0-F20B-46A4-A4D3-ABF2E5CE4EF7.jpeg
    576A6BB0-F20B-46A4-A4D3-ABF2E5CE4EF7.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 43
  • E7E55420-F763-48EF-A53A-1EB480F93D1F.jpeg
    E7E55420-F763-48EF-A53A-1EB480F93D1F.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 516907F7-C66A-4D31-9EF9-92A466B60ED2.jpeg
    516907F7-C66A-4D31-9EF9-92A466B60ED2.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 45

Minnow

City
Waterloo
State
Il
Looks great. Is that the copper brown color for 82'? Did you make the wood rails? They look excellent.
Yes was unable to find decent ones and the color is original cinnamon effect matalic color code 02 I think,by the way thank you .many hours of body and paint work

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Just got this, and after fixing a few things, looking forward to having fun.
Nice site.
Mark
Welcome!! We are going to need to see more pictures of that rack, easily the most interesting one I’ve ever seen on a Scrambler!

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Nice site.
Mark
Very nice and yes, we need more pictures especially of the rack and how the body is (hopefully) reinforced at the mounts, and tire carrier mounts also.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Now that is an overlanding platform. Yes more pictures of that and the whole Srambler

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The grey body armor is 3/16 steel and very well secured. I'll take some more pictures soon.
I was going to say, there’s no better mount that I’ve seen for a rack than using the armor like that.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Nice site.
Mark
That looks like a top shelf build. There’s a lot of attention to detail in what I can see. Welcome, and like others have said- lots more pictures!

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Ok all you lurkers out there, it seems we've had a number of great posts and introductions from "lurkers" on here lately and it seems like it's time to try to draw more of these cool folks and great Scramblers out of the woodwork. :wave:

There's no reason to lurk on here, "the more the merrier" definitely applies, even if it's just to say "sweet rig" or throw out an idea. The cool part about forums like this is when people get to discussing things and sharing ideas/viewpoints/stories. You never know what could spark an idea for someone and help them get from :banghead: to :thumbsup:.

So come on out and post up--here, on your own introduction thread or just join in somewhere... :cheers:
So True, Well its been a while since Stump Jumper has made an appearance. 1983 with 400 hp 5.3L LS1/4L60E/241C transfer case with 4:10 gear on 31 inch tires.

Attachments

• IMG_E2225.JPG
    IMG_E2225.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 5

akajeepjim

Basic User
Hello! I am finally writing to introduce myself. Apparently I joined this site in 2002, but have somehow never posted before. I bought my 81 Scrambler in '98 when I was in college to replace my really rusty 80 CJ-7, although my Scrambler wasn't in much better shape as it had spend many days as a surf fishing rig on the beaches of Delaware. Life got busy and I parked the Scrambler from being my daily driver back in 04. I got it back to running in 19, then when I 'un-winterized' it last spring the heater core started leaking which lead to a cascade of repairs that escalated into swapping out the frame and welding in new floorboards.
All the dogwalkers in the neighborhood kept tabs all summer on my progress through the open garage door, and a few weeks ago someone knocked on my door and said "I know you fixed up your Jeep, I have a friend that has an old CJ that she wants to get running but doesn't know where to start. Would you be interested?"
So this week I got a phone call and an address not to far from me. I agreed to take a look, an was shocked to see a Scrambler parked under the trees next to her shed! We pulled it back to my house with a tow strap, and now I've got two Jeeps in my garage again.

I've used these forums as part of my resources over the years, and I hope to start posting more to document the work in bringing back another Jeep from the brink.
-Jim

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Welcome, Jim! So- is the second Scrambler yours now or are you getting it going for her?

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Hello! I am finally writing to introduce myself. Apparently I joined this site in 2002, but have somehow never posted before. I bought my 81 Scrambler in '98 when I was in college to replace my really rusty 80 CJ-7, although my Scrambler wasn't in much better shape as it had spend many days as a surf fishing rig on the beaches of Delaware. Life got busy and I parked the Scrambler from being my daily driver back in 04. I got it back to running in 19, then when I 'un-winterized' it last spring the heater core started leaking which lead to a cascade of repairs that escalated into swapping out the frame and welding in new floorboards.
All the dogwalkers in the neighborhood kept tabs all summer on my progress through the open garage door, and a few weeks ago someone knocked on my door and said "I know you fixed up your Jeep, I have a friend that has an old CJ that she wants to get running but doesn't know where to start. Would you be interested?"
So this week I got a phone call and an address not to far from me. I agreed to take a look, an was shocked to see a Scrambler parked under the trees next to her shed! We pulled it back to my house with a tow strap, and now I've got two Jeeps in my garage again.

I've used these forums as part of my resources over the years, and I hope to start posting more to document the work in bringing back another Jeep from the brink.
-Jim
Welcome.
Where are you, Delaware?

akajeepjim

Basic User
Welcome, Jim! So- is the second Scrambler yours now or are you getting it going for her?
I'll be getting the second Scrambler going for her. It's been part of her family since at least 91. She told me how she wanted to buy it from her dad and how he sold it to her for a dollar. We tossed a battery in it at her house and a little gas down the carb and it fired up for a couple seconds and she cried tears of joy.
It is gonna take alot to get it going reliably though. Compression check had low compression on #3 and #4. (151 GM four cylinder).
Welcome.
Where are you, Delaware?
I'm in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. But I'm originally from Delaware. I grew up in Wilmington, and after 3 years in the Army moved back to Delaware, but to Rehoboth Beach while I went to tech college for two years, then out to Wisco where I've been for the last 17 years.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Ouch. How rusty is this poor 8 being from Wisconsin? Is it salvageable?