• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

SJScrambler - Getting Started

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Awww, does this mean it's take a break for stripping/selling time? And just when this was getting REALLY good!

:rotfl:

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
You must have that magnetic personality that attracts Jeeps. Are you going to do something with your "last of a great breed"? Can't be very many of those left.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I haven't had time to process
I had a dry spell where there was nothing and this weekend must mark the spouse's "get rid of that thing" cause I am headed out to look at stuff tomorrow and Sunday :)

cb

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Spring cleaning, gotta love it.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Also found this when cleaning out the Jeep that these seats came from...
Pretty cool piece.

20190323_171107_resized.jpg

20190323_180208_resized.jpg

And for everyone wondering... no, they aren't textured garnet ;)

cb

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Wow, the T5 transmission everybody loves to hate on was a $233 option. That is impressive.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
on another piece of paper was some handwritten notes... the removal of the AM radio and replaced with upgraded radio was $289... that seemed very expensive to me for basically an AM/FM radio... maybe a tape player? not sure, but that seems expensive.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
So, mostly complete... took a while to get it just right and there are only a couple bolts in there now to keep it in place.
I have to get the other mounts mocked in and welded onto this frame and might have to move 2 mounts as they aren't were the stock ones were exactly... but the hard work is done... and I had to throw the cap on it to see the dimensions.

20190326_185951_resized.jpg

20190326_190057_resized.jpg

20190326_190113_resized.jpg

20190326_190131_resized.jpg

20190326_191047_resized.jpg

Even the wheels are centered

20190326_191104_resized.jpg

20190326_191111_resized.jpg

20190326_191128_resized.jpg

It is pretty much exactly what I had in my head for proportions and dimensions.
Too bad I have to shelve it for a while... that cab needs some attention to really finish it out.

cb

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
on another piece of paper was some handwritten notes... the removal of the AM radio and replaced with upgraded radio was $289... that seemed very expensive to me for basically an AM/FM radio... maybe a tape player? not sure, but that seems expensive.

cb
The tape deck appeared for the first time as a 1983 model year option, so this is very possible. My 1984 has it on the window sticker and it was $325.00 that year (no swap out)

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
I like it a lot!
What do you have in mind for flares? Looking at it with its current stance the 6” wide would really fit it proportionally. Just my thoughts

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I was thinking more on the stock side, but have to see how that looks when I get the sides repaired... there is still a lot of metal work to do there.
There is a lot of metal work actually ;)

cb

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
I'll take two. The proportions are awesome.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Dear sweet mother of all that is good and pure in this world...

:eek:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Trust me... no one is surprised more than me that it actually fit... all those measurements and some beer haze... but it looks like there will be about 3/4 to 1 inch gap once the cab is cornered off and enclosed.

cb