• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Yamaha CD player wouldn’t open up. Found the belt to be broken that opens the CD tray. Fixed it with a rubber band. I’ll fix it in 25 more years.
Got to have my Widespread Panic

Attachments

• 00C8D22B-DE70-4CEC-9C96-1634ADF8B79E.jpeg
    00C8D22B-DE70-4CEC-9C96-1634ADF8B79E.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 16
  • A0FCDD03-AB81-46F4-AC1C-CC03517FD5FE.jpeg
    A0FCDD03-AB81-46F4-AC1C-CC03517FD5FE.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 16

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Rebuilding my younger kid's 350 Rancher engine. Had to have the crank rebuilt, and upgraded the shift drum in the transmission while I was in there.350 innards.jpg350 back.jpg

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Well, it’s that time of the year.
That was so fun when my boys were young. Used to put the "axles" in the drill and take off any burrs and polish a little. Most important was to put a plate on the bottom with 2 screws and be able to add weight under it for the maximum allowed weight. Graphite on the axles and make sure all 4 wheels sit on the ground and are lined up. The more times the car goes from side to side against the guide the more drag on the time. Areodynamics helps but an overweight block can beat a lighter car that's done well. Check the wheels for mold lines and remove any you find. Good hands-on learning expierence for boys. That's my 2 cents.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Here's a quick video of the wheel truing...........0.004", that's 0.002" out of round. Shaft videos if you're lucky. Five in our den came to the shop for a "build" night and I could only get one father/son interested in the chucking the axles up in the mill and de-burring and polishing them.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Just wait until you see the nails...........I did let my son file, emery, steel wool, red rouge polish and lastly Simichrome polish them. To say they are mirror finished is an understatement!

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Gentlemen, start your ENGINES!
Saturday morning is race day. We have to set the wheels tomorrow night and just look at it. Found some very, very old Days of Thunder model stickers. Can I get a Cole Trickle please. Oh yea!

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
If you are not using a regular flat shovel, you got a lot of horses. Back on the ranch 50 years ago we had probably 20.