• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Started on the seats I snagged out of a wrecked '87 YJ. I'm using the upholstery kit from eBay that others on here have used. My hands already hurt.
View attachment 98724View attachment 98723
Keep at it and as it has been said, the right tools do make it a bit easier on the hands, but in the end you are cutting metal retaining clips off and it takes some effort.

I picked up another set of seats that are in need of covers as well... going to be doing that this winter...

Good luck!

cb

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I drug this thing home last weekend, been dismantling it slowly.

ECD667AE-DDAA-4FC9-A79A-E2D6D0CFF6F3.jpeg

Shocking that a native Texan Jeep looks like one from New England. Been channeling my inner Craig. :thumbsup:

C22E27BE-ADEE-44FC-B08E-B50F2A50C85E.jpeg 6F2FFF0E-B655-4E5D-862E-F3D1585FB2E0.jpeg

Lived most of it’s life on a Texas Safari ranch giving tours.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Gulf Coast Texas? Probably never got washed. How's the frame look?

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Gulf Coast Texas? Probably never got washed. How's the frame look?
One rail good, other needs patches.

Looks like a beach Jeep, but from what I can tell, it never went to the beach.

Guessing it was exposed to lots of animal “stuff”.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
They diamond plated a bad floor. Diamond plate has holes rotted in it. I can imagine how bad the original tub and frame is below it. Remember frames rot out from inside out. Try acid dipping the frame, you will be amazed the pin holes/holes you get from skid plate back.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Is that Sage Green, a la 1992 Wrangler Sahara; or Sarge Green a la JK and JL Wranglers?

Looks kind of between to me, but I agree, very sharp looking color.

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
F8 Dodge green if I recall correctly from the Charger or Cherokee, yes?

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Is that Sage Green, a la 1992 Wrangler Sahara; or Sarge Green a la JK and JL Wranglers?

Looks kind of between to me, but I agree, very sharp looking color.
jc_chandler, "The color is the metallic green used on 2020+ Grand Cherokees (and Dodge Challengers apparently)"

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
You might try a curved diamond needle and some strong thread and stitch the vinyl together over the zipper. You probably won't need to remove it until it's worn out anyway.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Yep! F8 green metallic. I saw it on a Grand Cherokee a while back and was sold.
I think the F8 Green is “the best” green ever. I was going to paint Red that color until I saw a guy in town was painting his Scrambler that color. Love it!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I got tired of the non-functional center console in my 96 Silverado. So I built a new one. Needed practice for the Scrambler, right? It houses an 8” down firing sub, and a hidden lock box. 3/4” MDF, marine vinyl, and auto carpet dyed blue to match the floor. Still need to add the front cup holder and do some final touch ups 8C7FA657-0408-4260-BA45-5C145675CA66.jpegDDBF4477-FFF5-42EA-A301-377F8190EF80.jpeg3B2A5040-B940-41C8-85F0-C51A5CC9CB00.jpegF7317FA8-7C59-4D02-8F6B-4E0BD06B0604.jpeg0DD03531-6B32-469F-B935-E6568EED8447.jpegE34675C6-3DB6-49DB-AC59-7696568C1D28.jpeg

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I think the F8 Green is “the best” green ever. I was going to paint Red that color until I saw a guy in town was painting his Scrambler that color. Love it!
Just as well Randy. Red would be a pretty silly name for a green Scrambler.......

That console is very cool. You're kinda like the Jack- of- all- trades and the master-of-all-trades as well. I'm envious.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Just as well Randy. Red would be a pretty silly name for a green Scrambler.......

That console is very cool. You're kinda like the Jack- of- all- trades and the master-of-all-trades as well. I'm envious.
I dunno…are you familiar with “Red Green”?🤣