• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Craigslist and Estate Sale finds!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Tempted to buy both of the ones in So Cal and keep whichever is nicer....

That Inland Empire one looks great!

Rob- the one you found in Seattle is a winner too! The red one is nice too, but the green is one of my favorite colors.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
My 2 favorites from a search last night: https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/tacoma-very-nice-1996-jeep-cherokee-xj/6912842946.html
I guarantee it won't last more than a couple days.

Absolutely Gorgeous, but a bit more $ and listed with a dealer: https://stlouis.craigslist.org/ctd/d/saint-charles-92-jeep-cherokee-4x4/6912685199.html Also won't last long

Wow! Love both of those...

Wish the STL one was less; I could drag my trailer for that.... It is beautiful.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
This is the one I paid $4000 for with 112k miles. Immaculate with an updated head and full maintenance records- I added the lift and wheels/tires. Found it on Facebook Marketplace- seems to be some good stuff there that doesn’t make it to Craigslist. I think the Craigslist scammers have driven a lot of folks away.
65583898-CC9E-424D-A020-7F78572C090A.jpeg

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
My original criteria was 4.0 only; but as I've been searching; I've found as many 300K+ 5.2's as I have 4.0. That must be a pretty good combo too....

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
The 5.2 is a decent engine. I’ve ran a few to 200k with no issues. Just depends on prior maintenance.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
My wife is getting ready to sell her 96 Cherokee 4.0 HO automatic. 105K w/oil change every 2500K Runs well, body in great shape. Some of the clear coat on paint has come off. No body/ frame rust. Needs a little work like new door pull on passenger side. Did about $ 2 G of front end/ ball joint steering work 3 years ago and wanting to recover some of that. Doesn't look like those newer ones though

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
My wife is getting ready to sell her 96 Cherokee 4.0 HO automatic. 105K w/oil change every 2500K Runs well, body in great shape. Some of the clear coat on paint has come off. No body/ frame rust. Needs a little work like new door pull on passenger side. Did about $ 2 G of front end/ ball joint steering work 3 years ago and wanting to recover some of that. Doesn't look like those newer ones though
Pics to kkoudele@hotmail.com

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Awesome truck. I love the GMT400's. Last of the "easy to work on" trucks, but still have some modern creature comforts.
Truth be told, I like it better than our late 2007. We actually sold the 2007 yesterday! No more payment! In celebration we put new shoes on the 1996. BFG TA’s.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Forgive my ignorance.....Is that a full float kit for a Dana 44?

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Likely keep. The axles in my CJ7 are junk. If something else happens I will hit you up as I am getting that "I am interested" vibe.

10-4, Appreciate it, I have one here in need of some new axles :thumbsup: