• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

My Newest Project - Me !?!?

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Glad for you that the worst part is over, get better so you can get some seat time in your jeeps ! Be careful out in the heat, it can kick your a-- when you are well, let alone when you are not at 100 percent !

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Glad for you that the worst part is over, get better so you can get some seat time in your jeeps ! Be careful out in the heat, it can kick your a-- when you are well, let alone when you are not at 100 percent !

Excellent point! And you may not realize it until you’re in a bad place.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I have been feeling better, slowly but surely, still don't feel 100% normal, but hopefully getting there. My taste buds have pretty much come back and I am sleeping better, so good news there. I have been going to work almost everyday, but not really doing anything else, just work is wearing me out. I haven't even drove any of my Scramblers in over 12 weeks :(

I had my first post chemo CT scan last Friday, met with my oncologist today. Mostly good news, the doctor was pretty happy, I'm still a bit concerned :shrug:

One tumor marker in my blood is not there, so good news, the other tumor marker is still very slightly elevated. Can't remember which one. The slightly elevated tumor marker can be caused by other things besides cancer, so :shrug:

Before the chemo, 3 lymph nodes in my stomach were slightly enlarged. I can't remember specifics, but lets say 1mm x 2mm is normal. All three of my affected ones were like 3mm x 4mm. After the chemo, two of the affected lymph nodes are back to normal size, the third one is 1.1mm x 2mm. So, it is still slightly enlarged, but it is in between the normal less then/equal to 1mm, and the over 1.5mm concern level. So, kind of in between.

At this time, the oncologist is pretty confident that I will be fine, won't need any more surgery or chemo. I am still a bit concerned, but will try not to worry about it too much.

I have to go back in 6 weeks for blood tests. If the blood work looks OK, then I go back for a CT scan in 3 months. If the blood work in 6 weeks is not OK, then the CT scan date will be moved up.

So, basically, back to the waiting game :fingerscrossed:

I guess the other good news, the abnormality in my lung, and the two on my liver, that have been showing up unchanged on all these CT scans still look the same/have not grown, even after chemo. So, chances are, they are not cancer :thumbsup: Just need that one lymph node to air down some.......

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
Wow, I have been away from this board for far too long. Thoughts and prayers coming your way, I understand what you are going through.

Living life 3 months at a time between appointments can be daunting, the first month flies by without much of a thought, you start to think about it during the 2nd month and by the 3rd month I am a complete wreck.

My cancer has come back as well. I went on a hormone treatment that I will cycle off and on every 1-2 years as my bad-cells see fit. I go in next month to see how it is working (gotta love the waiting game). At some point this treatment will no longer be effective and we'll look for other options. I am thankful that I am still vertical and that I have this time with my family, I am trying to take advantage of it. My Scramblers have become garage art, really only being moved into the sun to be washed and vacuumed. I seem to be doing more things with my family and fewer things on my own. The treatment, although not invasive, has taken a toll on my energy levels, not to mention made me fatter :) At least I still have my hair and my humor.

Soldier on, stay strong, and perhaps one day we should arrange a Cancer Run. This effing disease is BS!

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Good news my friend. Take it one day at a time,(y)

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Glad the news is steady improvement. I hope the news will continue to be positive. Your in out thoughts and prayers. There's too much cancer going around these days.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Good to hear Ray...so you’re coming to SMORR next week? Still trying here.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
One step at a time leads to one day at a time. Keep fighting the good fight and keep the positive reports coming.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
I "drove" my Scrambler a couple days ago for the first time in months.... just around the storage complex. Austin and I... hit 50 mph then went to slow down and the brake pedal hit the floor... lucky I was able to downshift quick enough before running out of room and hitting the fence. Scrambler is back in storage now. :(
You'll be driving your Scramblers soon buddy. Get well soon!

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Prayer for you as well :thumbsup::cheers::wave:

Yep, the three months at a time sucks :(

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Glad the news is steady improvement. I hope the news will continue to be positive. Your in out thoughts and prayers. There's too much cancer going around these days.

Thanks :cheers: I know what you mean, cancer sure is more prevalent then I used to think :(

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Good to hear Ray...so you’re coming to SMORR next week? Still trying here.

If I felt well enough I would at least head up that way, its not too far, but I just don't have the energy yet :(