• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Official CJ-8.com Forum Lurker Intro Thread!

jim krikit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
Hi Guys,
Pretty new to Jeeps, but this Cj-8 looked like a perfect island car (I'm in the FL keys). Seems very clean, its been in Arizona most of its life. I hope to continue to keep it rust free, but that will be tough in this climate. it's a 1981 with the original 6 cyl and a 5 speed 78K mi.
Open to any suggestions on preventative maintenance and rust protection (inner bed and floors are linered), or thoughts on mods. It will not be a mountain jeep, as we don't have any.
Id like it to be a comfortable highway traveler, as most places to go are 2-3 hr drives ( key west, central FL etc.)
I look forward to picking up some info in the forum and will support it.

Thanks, Jim K.

Last edited by a moderator:

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
Hi Guys,
Pretty new to Jeeps, but this Cj-8 looked like a perfect island car (I'm in the FL keys). Seems very clean, its been in Arizona most of its life. I hope to continue to keep it rust free, but that will be tough in this climate. it's a 1981 with the original 6 cyl and a 5 speed 78K mi.
Open to any suggestions on preventative maintenance and rust protection (inner bed and floors are linered), or thoughts on mods. It will not be a mountain jeep, as we don't have any.
Id like it to be a comfortable highway traveler, as most places to go are 2-3 hr drives ( key west, central FL etc.)
I look forward to picking up some info in the forum and will support it.

Thanks, Jim K.

pic 5 by James Morrison, on Flickr

pic 6 by James Morrison, on Flickr
Flickr...:shrug:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
Welcome! Sounds like a perfect kind of place for that Jeep :thumbsup:

FYI on the Flickr photo links, you can copy the "BB Code" link that they give you, paste it in a post here and then delete everything before the
tag (note the slash, that's the difference in the second one). That leaves you with a pure link right to the photo and that's what the forum needs. That's what I did to the pics I added in your photo post.